cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing cables on my property

Laurasr88
Joining in

Hello, 

There are cables running through my garden which need removing, they are not in relation to my internet connection and I can't guarantee they won't get damaged and as you can see they are in the way.  They were there when we moved in and I have no idea which houses they are for. What can I do to get them gone? 

1000026663.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

Laurasr88
Joining in

1000026662.jpg

Just to add, I haven't purposely dug these out  they were sticking out of the ground when we moved in in 2019

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Easiest thing to do is bury them and forget about them

No we were not notified of them before we moved in. Thanks for your help.

🤔

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Stick a spade through them and throw the cables in the bin. I'm sure it will cut someone's service off but that's not your problem.

Hi @Laurasr88 

Welcome back to the community forums. 
I can see that you've mentioned this same concern previously on another thread some time ago.

If the cable runs through your garden to neighbours property for their services, then this would have gone through the correct right of access and wayleave permissions to be installed and is not something we would remove. 

Is this part of a request as you have building planning permissions that this cable will affect or is it that you just need the cable reburied so it is no longer visible over your garden? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley 

We were not made aware of these as having a wayleave in place when we purchased

I would rather they are removed as I am concerned in the future that if there are any problems that my garden would need digging up. Also, We are doing work soon as well that will mean they might get damaged and that work is taking place on the 25th

Kind regards

Laura 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wayleave is used as a stick by VM just like council permits - afaik even if there was wayleave it dos nor tranfer with change of ownership - thats worth checking with citizens advice - but lets assume the rubbish spouted above from VM is true or they think its true they should have records of an earlier wayleave agreement - so insist they produce a hard copy - then sit back and wait for nothing to be produced 

just cut it and be done - VM will run you round in circles and do absolutely nothing - you have had a measure of what they will do above 

Tony.
Sacked VIP