cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner engineer not showed yet

Alistair2802
Tuning in

I ordered fibre to the premises from Virgin two months ago. It's not coaxial cable, but a new service in our area. Some of my neighbours already got theirs, but mine is scheduled for this Friday (1st). I'm worried because they had a box installed on their outside wall a week before the installation, but I don't have one yet. I hope they don't cancel on me... 

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you read the threads here, there can be delays with the 3rd party installing the external works.  Is there any sign of external works, e.g. ducting installed, trenches dug?  If none of this work is done prior to Friday, it looks like you may be out of luck.  You still have a couple of days yet, so fingers crossed !

A VM Mod should respond to this thread in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. 

They are installing it through open reach ducts on my street so no digging needed. Yeah looks like I could be out of luck as my neighbour had the box on the outside wall put on a week before installation. Just wish they would tell me these things as I've taken the day off work Friday to be in for the install!

The contractor has 3 days before the install date to complete the job usually u will receive a txt to confirm the install date has been moved. Unfortunately when you ring up the agent will say it will happen by 7pm today but if nobody is routed out that date will roll over until the prepull is completed.   If your neighbours are connected it’s  a good sign.  

Alistair2802
Tuning in

UPDATE: They came today! Guess I posted too soon or a engineer saw this post this morning 😉

Fab news!!

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alistair2802 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the concern your pre-install caused, but I am certainly glad to hear that the exterior installation has been completed as expected 😊

Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ