cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install but no Wall Box

AcMan
Joining in

Just moved and had engineer in to install. As there wasn’t original box he used the whole in the wall from the old Cable & Wireless. The face plate would meet needs so he just left the wall plate off the wall as my wife said that I would be able to sort it and they don’t supply wall boxes that would fit there. Any suggestions as to what wall box I could get?IMG_0246.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You won’t get one that will accommodate the inline isolator installed on the end of the cable, as these are only used by cable companies, of which VM is the only one in mainland UK. Looks like laziness on the part of the install tech not to install the correct faceplate. This is what should now be fitted as standard.

New Euro outletNew Euro outlet

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agree with @nodrogd   but with the very limited hight of the socket, something like this LAP 1-Gang Coaxial TV Socket White - Screwfix  would suffice.  Just remove the TV parts from the cover to leave a blank hole and thread the co-ax through the hole. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats a tech install - unbelievable what they think is acceptable - that wants forwarding to his AFM and a P45 preparing - i guess you will get the standard BS from staff - thats not what we hope for etc etc and the cowboy will be free to continue at that standard

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AcMan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear and see that this has happened as part of the installation. I'm going to send you a private message shortly so we can take some further details and look into this. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AcMan,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!