cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Wall box C141? Red RX light flashing

tela
Joining in

Hello,

Had fibre installed about 6 weeks ago. After engineer left I noticed red RX light was flashing and he said that was normal.

I noticed the wifi was slow in some parts of the house but still usable at 20meg but had occasional "stutters".

Call was logged and the engineer replaced the router with a HUB 5. Mentioned the red light and he looked at the external box (he said it should'nt be on)and did something with the connector inside and the red light did not flash anymore. There was a flashing green now. 

Just had another engineer back to replace cable from external to internal box as the black  outer cable had come away from the external box exposing a white inner cable. The red light is now flashing again at about 1 sec intervals.

Can't find any info on the white box or what the status of the lights mean. RX flashes when doing speed test but the red light just keeps on blinking just the same.

Do I have a problem? 

Thanks, T

10 REPLIES 10

Cardiffman282
Super solver

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to/broadband/hub-lights/red-flashing-light-hub-5

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this the white box that is before the Hub?  I suspect the light should be green, sound like a bad connection if it's red.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. My apologies I didn't make it clear that the TX/RX lights are on the wall box. I also meant to attach photos of the wall box! Never do things in a hurry

IMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpg

Have you actually got a new XGS-PON connection (5x hub)? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

Mmmm...

The engineer that came out may have said he was leaving me with the latest hub. It certainly wasn't the one I given during the installation. There is one 2.5Gb ethernet connection on the rear so looking at https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub it looks like a Hub 5 and not a Hub 5x.

Sticker underneath says HUB5 / Model: F3896LG-VMB. Part No. 253914782

Wall box still blinking red at me.

@Cardiffman282 wrote:

Have you actually got a new XGS-PON connection (5x hub)? 

No, this is RFoG.

This install is an alternative to terminating the fibre on the outside:

I freely admit to being baffled by the C141 box. Google images got me one close match here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Still-getting-pixelation-after-numerous-engineer-...

Is this similar to your setup? If so I wonder if the cable is perhaps the wrong way around or not properly in at both ends? Sorry clutching at straws. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

That would explain my bafflement. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here

The broadband is working OK. I'll try connecting to the box to see if there are any errors being logged when I get time. Could be a poor connection as was OK before new cable. If it is there should be something logged. The Hub and wireless are running at 137 meg.

I'll also raise a call with Virgin.

Thanks for the interest, if I get further info I'll post it. Strange I can't find anything about the C141 box, (if thats what it is)