cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Hub5 from old account and remove new Hub3 ?

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

Hi ive started a new post on this subject as I haven’t had a response from a Virgin Employee on my other post which I’m hoping to do please.

Up until last week, March 31st, we had M250 18 month contract package in my partners name, during the initial setup we had WiFi issues back on this connection and a technician swapped us from the Hub3 to the Hub5 which has been perfect ever since.

2 days ago we started our new contract under my name, (we were advised to do it this way by Virgin Media salesman to get the best price) 

Same M250 package, I did ask when siginging for the new package about keeping the Hub5 due to the previous issues and was told Virgin only send out Hub4’s and Hub5’s, clearly this was incorrect as we’ve been sent a Hub3, with a new router - the Hub3 , we instantly have WiFi issues (Ethernet is fine) basically it can’t reach the rooms downstairs - we can sit on one side of the sofa and get WiFi (not great speeds though) and move to the other end of the sofa and get nothing, unfortunately this also means the Amazon firestick can’t get a speed over 3Mbps (we got over 100Mbps with the Hub5) so we get constant buffering, and no home screen message with no WiFi at all at times.

We consistently got speeds of over 200Mbps on the old Hub5 all over the home, we now have spots where get no connection and where we do get WiFi the speeds are between 3Mbps and 15Mbps.

The hub5 from the old contract is sat upstairs, unplugged, can I please ask a Technician re-configure the Hub5 to work with the new connection and fix my issue? As it is tried and tested and will sort this issue, also will save me lots of time with phone calls to Virgin explaining this.

Thank you

46 REPLIES 46

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What did you mean by a 'recurring discount'? 

You rejoined VM under a new name, to get a new customer discount. Were you expecting to get a discount from your previous contract as well?

You've done very well already to get around the rules on rejoining as a new user, and then again to get use of a Hub5 that wasn't available for the new contract.

Don't you think you've got enough out of VM already? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I didn’t circumvent it, a Virgin salesman came up with it and did it all, I’m just the mug left to sort out all the issues and pay the bill

I didn’t do anything, a Virgin employee thought this up, recommended it to me and put it all in place. Obviously this is a new contract so I’m not sure why you ask me if I expect to carry on the same discount? One contract ended, another started I wouldn’t expect anything to carry over? You are just making things up.

I was told by a Virgin employee that the hub 5 would be simple to reactivate, as the Hub 3 WiFi signal was proven to not be strong enough for my home by 4 different Virgin technicians, again nothing to do with me.

I put myself in the hands of Virgin employees, trusted them, and now someone like you guesses things and accuses me of things that are completely wrong.

id like to politely ask you to refrain from commenting on my threads on this issue as you are simple trying to provoke anger, by making up nonsense, believing it to be true for some unknown reason, and posting nonsense.

You come across as someone who is angry at the world, and believes whatever pops into your mind without any facts to back it up, maybe put your device away for a while and go for a walk.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'll just leave one final thought. If something is too good to be true, it probably is. Particularly if it's offered by a sales person on commission. 

Very happy to leave you to it now. Have a lovely day! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@DeborahForum wrote:

I didn’t do anything, a Virgin employee thought this up, recommended it to me and put it all in place. Obviously this is a new contract so I’m not sure why you ask me if I expect to carry on the same discount? One contract ended, another started I wouldn’t expect anything to carry over? You are just making things up.

I was told by a Virgin employee that the hub 5 would be simple to reactivate, as the Hub 3 WiFi signal was proven to not be strong enough for my home by 4 different Virgin technicians, again nothing to do with me.

I put myself in the hands of Virgin employees, trusted them, and now someone like you guesses things and accuses me of things that are completely wrong.

id like to politely ask you to refrain from commenting on my threads on this issue as you are simple trying to provoke anger, by making up nonsense, believing it to be true for some unknown reason, and posting nonsense.

You come across as someone who is angry at the world, and believes whatever pops into your mind without any facts to back it up, maybe put your device away for a while and go for a walk.

what you say is correct but you need to factor in/accept that many who post/help on here know how VM work - you accepted [rightly] in good faith what you were being told by a VM salesman - ok so far - but that salesman is driven by greed for commission and VM's culture to lie to achieve what they want

you were not to know that and [rightly] believed what was said to obtain the sale - in the end by taking your complain to the CEO's office?? you got what was offered 

BUT and imo it matters the original offer was wrong its outside VM's policy of new customer take up - its good that they honoured the offer - [again imo] you were extremely fortunate for it to work as it did so in this case credit to VM

like jpeg1 i know how VM works in many areas and agree with him

Tony.
Sacked VIP

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

I simply agreed and signed on the dotted line for a service and a price given by Virgin. 

I have the paperwork.

The fact that salesmen are greedy etc. isn't really my issue. 

I've had to spend a lot of my time chasing for what I paid for, to suggest Virgin have done me a favour is nonsense.

I'm stressed to bits chasing this lot up, I have the paperwork, I'll just start a small claims case and be done with it. 

I would suggest people on here refrain from telling let down customers that sales people will just say anything to get business and we as customers should just put up with it.

Hi @DeborahForum 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the Issues that you have been facing with your account, so that we can look Into this further, could you please Join me In a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina