cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Hub5 from old account and remove new Hub3 ?

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

Hi ive started a new post on this subject as I haven’t had a response from a Virgin Employee on my other post which I’m hoping to do please.

Up until last week, March 31st, we had M250 18 month contract package in my partners name, during the initial setup we had WiFi issues back on this connection and a technician swapped us from the Hub3 to the Hub5 which has been perfect ever since.

2 days ago we started our new contract under my name, (we were advised to do it this way by Virgin Media salesman to get the best price) 

Same M250 package, I did ask when siginging for the new package about keeping the Hub5 due to the previous issues and was told Virgin only send out Hub4’s and Hub5’s, clearly this was incorrect as we’ve been sent a Hub3, with a new router - the Hub3 , we instantly have WiFi issues (Ethernet is fine) basically it can’t reach the rooms downstairs - we can sit on one side of the sofa and get WiFi (not great speeds though) and move to the other end of the sofa and get nothing, unfortunately this also means the Amazon firestick can’t get a speed over 3Mbps (we got over 100Mbps with the Hub5) so we get constant buffering, and no home screen message with no WiFi at all at times.

We consistently got speeds of over 200Mbps on the old Hub5 all over the home, we now have spots where get no connection and where we do get WiFi the speeds are between 3Mbps and 15Mbps.

The hub5 from the old contract is sat upstairs, unplugged, can I please ask a Technician re-configure the Hub5 to work with the new connection and fix my issue? As it is tried and tested and will sort this issue, also will save me lots of time with phone calls to Virgin explaining this.

Thank you

46 REPLIES 46

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

I’m guessing the Hub3 routers are OK for studios, flats, small homes etc. but for an average size or larger family home they are clearly no good, has Virgin ever thought about contacting customers regarding the size of their home, or number of rooms etc. and then sending out a router that is fit for purpose? Rather than sending out these Hub3s and instantly failing customers? There nothing worse than getting it all setup and instantly having to get on the phone to a call centre and start trying to explain the problem. Can’t be good for business to upset people so quickly.

Also… there is so much text about nice and simple… log in on the app.. run tests.. if it finds an issue you can order pods…. You can’t…I’ve tried..on phones, tablets, over and over… the option to order pods does not exist…it’s infuriating, yes I am a volt customer so I should get the option (but it doesn’t exist)

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM (like all suppliers) has a shortage of Hub4/5's due to issues in maintaining stock levels due to well reported electronics supply issues e.g. -  WW chip shortages, production backlogs in China, shipping issues, etc etc... it should get back to normal soon.

If you want Pods - a VM person on here will organise the first one for you once they pick up this thread.

Did you get the Hub5 reactivated yet ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Haven’t had the Hub 5 reconfigured yet, I’m hoping someone from Virgin can pick this up on here and help me with the reconfiguring.

I just rang that number, it’s just a standard virgin number not an “equipment activation” number? So then chose option 2 for technical help, it sent me a text and then the call hung up. I opened the text…it reads... “you recently called us about your remote control. Tap this link for more help”

Seriously.. remote control??? here we go… more nonsense I’m already frustrated, ready to give up, and cancel. 

That number isn’t an equipment activation line John? It’s just a regular virgin number, options are billing, broadband, etc. I tried it and got no where.

why did you call it an equipment activation number? I got my hopes up that I could get this sorted, sadly still no further forward and more of my time wasted.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It has always been the activation number. I suspect it's been unattended and therefore switched through to the general number. You could try again tomorrow. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Perhaps you would forgive someone a smile for thinking it wasn't so easy after all to switch contracts to get a cheaper deal? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dont call at ~8pm.... they will have knocked off and forwarded their calls to CS.. 

Try again at 08.00 just after they open or a VM person can help tomorrow

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'll try tomorrow, but still hoping someone working for Virgin on this forum can get involved and help