cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Hub5 from old account and remove new Hub3 ?

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

Hi ive started a new post on this subject as I haven’t had a response from a Virgin Employee on my other post which I’m hoping to do please.

Up until last week, March 31st, we had M250 18 month contract package in my partners name, during the initial setup we had WiFi issues back on this connection and a technician swapped us from the Hub3 to the Hub5 which has been perfect ever since.

2 days ago we started our new contract under my name, (we were advised to do it this way by Virgin Media salesman to get the best price) 

Same M250 package, I did ask when siginging for the new package about keeping the Hub5 due to the previous issues and was told Virgin only send out Hub4’s and Hub5’s, clearly this was incorrect as we’ve been sent a Hub3, with a new router - the Hub3 , we instantly have WiFi issues (Ethernet is fine) basically it can’t reach the rooms downstairs - we can sit on one side of the sofa and get WiFi (not great speeds though) and move to the other end of the sofa and get nothing, unfortunately this also means the Amazon firestick can’t get a speed over 3Mbps (we got over 100Mbps with the Hub5) so we get constant buffering, and no home screen message with no WiFi at all at times.

We consistently got speeds of over 200Mbps on the old Hub5 all over the home, we now have spots where get no connection and where we do get WiFi the speeds are between 3Mbps and 15Mbps.

The hub5 from the old contract is sat upstairs, unplugged, can I please ask a Technician re-configure the Hub5 to work with the new connection and fix my issue? As it is tried and tested and will sort this issue, also will save me lots of time with phone calls to Virgin explaining this.

Thank you

46 REPLIES 46

No, I've just rang that number again it's 08-11am and it's the same, it's just a standard Virgin number... Billing, help etc...

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

I've rang the number again, at 9-57am..

It's just a standard Virgin number... Options are for billing, minutes, technical. I chose technical and it automatically runs a test. 

This Equipment Activation number you speak of doesn't exist. I'm sick as a chip

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then it's been changed. It had been working for years. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

This is why I'm asking for a Virgin Employee to help me with this, but so far everyone keeps telling me to call numbers that don't help. ( I know you were just trying to help, i appreciate that, but the number was out of date) and Im another day into this with no help

Any ideas on how to get a Virgin employee who can action something to help me, to get involved? is it even possible?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

How about the VM salesman who sold you the deal? Could he find a contact to help you?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for reaching out to us @DeborahForum, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to see that this hasn't been previously picked up.

I'd be happy to attend to this to order a new Wi-Fi pod, and will also work to have returns packaging sent to your address for the equipment from the now former account.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks

David_Bn

DeborahForum
On our wavelength

Hi David_Bn

my main question is, can I get the Hub 5 reconfigured to work with the new connection, if I get stuck with this Hub 3 I’m going to have the same issues as last time, I’m trying my best to not have visit after visit from engineers when it’s already been proven that this Hub5 that has just been unplugged will work perfectly.

That's what I thought, he's also let me down, he gave me the standard number to call

I'm trying to save myself lots of phone calls and lots of engineer visits, I went through all of that last time... the only fix was using the Hub 5 instead of the Hub3 (that was the engineers conclusion not mine)

Just want an engineer to reconfigure the Hub 5 that I already have here, to work with the new connection and everything will go back working perfectly. At the moment the Hub 3 is exactly the same as the last time, slow speeds around the home and parts of the house have no WiFi at all.

Surely that will save me and Virgin a lot of grief. I don't want to be coming home from work and spending my time on the phone, please someone, help me with this Hub5 configuration.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I suspect that VM are on the lookout for people trying to save money by cancelling a contract and starting another with a new customer discount. It breaks their marketing policy.  

You may still be lucky but it does look like you have been caught out. 

- jpeg1