cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown hidden email address on account

Arthuritus
Joining in

When I go to Settings/Accounts on the Email account page there is a second email address that appears under the account email that I do not know. If I try to click on this account it opens up my email box as if both email links are the same hyperlink. [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

How can I remove this sedonce account and does it indicate that I have been hacked.

Any help really appreciated.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Arthuritus It could be the original blueyonder email address that was created when you joined Telewest.  If you then set a more user friendly alias for the account this would have become the primary email address following the ntl: Telewest merger and takeover of Virgin mobile that led to the creation of Virgin Media.

This alone doesn't indicate any hacking has taken place.

I have flagged the Forum Moderator to redact The email addresses from your post as they are an invitation to scammers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Graham, thank you for your response, I can advise that the email addresses I posted up are not he actual addresses just used as a guide for the format of the email address.

It is not the original Telewest email address and I have never seen it before. I was changing passwords etc as I had an email saying I had been hacked, thought it was scammers but that I had better check.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add to the complications imposed by VM's recent security changes when you follow the steps to change the account username to a third party email address the account settings/account details page will show the third party email address not the underlying blueyonder email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks