cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer failed to arrive… twice

Melvino92
Joining in

Hi All 

just looking to see if anyone has had the same problem and if so how you’ve escalated you problems with virgin, ombudsman or ofcom. 

we’ve basically asked for an engineer to come out and move our hub next to the tv so we can get live tv. Engineer was booked and agreed to the £25 fee no problem. Booked the Tuesday off work to wait in for no one to show up. 
another call and an apology with the £25 cancelled as gesture of good will. Again this Saturday no engineer. Another call tonight to virgins quality customer service (sense the sarcasm) and they now can’t waver the £25. With my patience wearing thin I asked to speak to someone who could. Apparently the managers are busy.. they will call you back within 2 hours! Obviously no call back and realising they closed within them 2 hours. 

basically I’m not happy to pay the £25 fee as I’ve taken 2 days unpaid so far for there engineers so not much to ask. 

anyone else had a similar problem and managed to resolve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You are due £29.15 for every missed appointment (regardless of whether they were no fault call outs or if fees are waived).

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

You are due £29.15 for every missed appointment (regardless of whether they were no fault call outs or if fees are waived).

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

sindarinstar
Settling in

Hey, I have a similar issue I wish you luck, stay patient as the customer service line is dreadful 😞

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Melvino92, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Please let me send you a PM and we can take a look into what has gone on.

Please look out for my PM. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?