cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Months and Virgin have not completed the installation

OxfordCustomer
Tuning in

Since signing up for Virgin Media fiber in early August, we've faced ongoing frustration. Initially, the wrong work permits delayed progress for several months. Now, we're stuck in a frustrating cycle of last-minute installation cancellations by VM. Every time, they reschedule for three weeks later, only to cancel again the day before, leaving us with no explanation and wasted time off work.

It's been six months without home internet, and frankly, it's unacceptable. We'd appreciate any suggestions on how to finally get this installation completed.

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OxfordCustomer 

Welcome to the community forums. 
So sad to hear that your install has been delayed and have been no recent communication regarding the rescheduling.

I have taken a look at this systems at our side and can see that you do not have a case raised for this. We can raise a complaint case for you and assign this to the dedicated team that deals with installation complaints so that they can investigate and keep you updated with the progress of your install. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

So after another 3 months they have now cancelled our installation claiming the costs were too high, despite the last road crew explaining they just needed to sort out one last bit. Virgin have postponed our connection pretty much every 2 weeks and finally this. We were promised a great deal and have been given nothing. 

It's unusual in my experience for VM to cancel. However you are still entitled to automatic compensation for the nine months https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you will be due for a substantial sum in compensation.

VM will probably resist paying, but if you have all the facts lined up the Ombudsman should award you the proper amount. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.