Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! Online order not going through

Hi,I received a letter recently telling me that I need to order a new hub to take advantage of a recent speed boost, when I go through the order process it tells me that the order is complete and that I'll receive a confirmation email. I've tried twi...

Borbo by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Media Hub 5 Connectivity

Following lots of problems with my Virgin Media internet service, just had a Hub 5 installed. Working fine for laptops, iphone, iPads etc but horrible issues with my desktop which is using a Netgear A6210 wifi USB adaptor. Connection is flaky but sti...

NEye by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDD timeout issues

Been having 5-10 MDD timeouts on a daily basis for last 3 months. Even had engineer visit but still no improvement. Virgin are you aT all interested in resolving customer issues?

Gonzal3z by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Buffering is ridiculous!!!??

I’ve just upgraded to virgin media fibre and really wish I hadn’t ! how comes I get 130mbs but can’t watch a film or have a video call because of constant buffering !? It was better on 8mbs BT a copper ! 

Jbeckley by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I get a booster?

SpoilerHi how would I be able to get a WiFi booster Hi how would I be able to get a WiFi booster  [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity] 

Hub3 and wifi issues

Hi everyone, i was working and I lost the connection for my laptop. I still have the signal for my phone. I need to get connected for a meeting. i did have a Hub3 installed recently, there is no issue in the area what should I be checking ?thanks

Domeq by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sky glass, TV

my sky glass TV will not connect to. The Internet has been fine. I have tried rebooting it resetting it. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me thank you

Keda by Just joined
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wifi Pods not working

Hi, today I received my new Hub4 now that I have upgraded to 1gb broadband. It's great, but the wifi pods I was using before with my previous hub no longer seem to work. Is this due to them not being compatible with the new hub? If so, what can I do ...

GrahamB2 by Tuning in
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reactivating hub 3

What is the best way to to reactivate the HUb3? I was sent hub 5 and it is giving me issue. Which department to call? 

Firuz150 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos