Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Issue with Archero

Hello,This is a message from Archero Team Recently, some players have reported that Archero seems to be blacklisted by your network security firewall. Could you kindly provide further assistance on this matter?Thank you in advance.

Yann93 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

network speed

I have 2 v6 boxes - 1 in the lounge and 1 in the kitchen and when I try to view a recorded programme from the 1st box via the second box I receive a message saying that the network is too slow.The boxes are connected via wi-fi and there is a wifi POD...

Mort by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Channel selection

Helloi’m getting interference with my wireless surround sound TV speaker system.Sony say it could be due to Wi-Fi.I have deselected optimisation so that I can split the two signals into 2.4 and 5.I see that my new hub five has manually selected certa...

Milarepa by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Is this stopping me getting 1GB speeds

Hi,this is my first forum post so I hope someone can help me? I have been with VM for years with a steady 500mbps connection without issue but in Oct 22 I was upgraded to a 1GB connection with a new Hub 5. The Hub 5 is in modem mode connected to TP l...

image.jpg

Resolved! 3.1 Upstream Channel

Hi all,Noticed that at some point within the last few months that I have been assigned my first docsis 3.1 Upstream channel. Now, I don't quite notice any difference in relation to latency, wondering if this is just part of a bigger roll out or if in...

Superhub5 & modem mode. What port & did it work

I tried this on my superhub 5 the light went green although I’m a bit unsure as I read mother post that said it should go magenta. Is there a set port & will I have to reboot. According to the screen it should restart in up to 5 mins. Will it do it a...

Mike1726 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet randomly dropping during day and night

Hi,For about 2 weeks now my internet at home keeps on randomly cutting off for minutes randomly many times per day and at night.Can someone please explain is going on as it's driving me nuts, here are the logs:Item Status CommentsAcquired Downstream ...

Alex09 by Joining in
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 Unstable connection

I recently upgraded to Hub 5 and GIG1 fibre broadband and since then my connection has been dropping on an almost daily basis. It drops for maybe only a minute but can happen multiple times a day and is across every connected device.Running test on t...

Hub 3 Internet keeps dropping

Hi,We've had our Hub 3 for quite a years, however, we are recently experiencing a lot of connection issues. The internet connection gets dropped and reconnects after a few minutes. The hub is currently used in the modem-mode. Can you please let me kn...

mhn by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos