Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Complete Loss Of TV and Broadband

Hello,  During storm last night we lost briefly all electricity. Whilst everything else came back on we have no tv or broadband, the latter is more important as special needs son heavily reliant on it.TV "loads" is stuck on 16%.Errors C130 and C133 s...

Very poor connection

I have really poor internet connection, the app on my phone registers an intermittent connection keeps going me the message to wait 24 hours. It's 'fixed' just long enough to keep resetting that timer. I can stream on my sky glass with regular pauses...

KirstyHT by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repeated connection drops since last night

Since yesterday, reliability has gone through the floor. Repeated loss of sync and TLOS on broadband. No changes inside property and others in the block of flats complaining of similar issues, so do not suspect CPE but rather infrastructure issue.Tri...

mattj_uk by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using a 3rd party router with TV360 box

I am using a set of Netgear Orbo routers to extend the WiFi in my house, but I have to keep the VM router in router mode otherwise my TV 360 does not work. I had this on a previous Netgear router and never solved it. So it means that I have to run a ...

mark53c by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Child Safe off, but still blocking sites

I'm also having this issue after setting up my wifi myself. My account settings when viewed on desktop have childsafe off but many sites are still blocked. I gave it a week to see if it would fix itself but alas it has not. Experiencing this on deskt...

Patmc3 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Are my downstream and upstream power levels within spec?

HI I have had an issue with my broad band which caused me not to beable to get on some websites using the broadband but I can access them on my 4g network. I had the modem changed by a tech and now the website still isnt coming up and during online g...

Gapti by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Noisy Wifi Pod

Hello all,The wifi pod I have in my bedroom has suddenly started making a lot of noise; the fan is clearly working in overdrive but I have no idea why! It has been completely silent for the last few months since I first got it.I have two wifi pods in...

sambiam by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Parental control

I've switched on the parental controls which controls/ restricts access to website etc generally not by specific devices connected to the router1 is there a way of changing settings by  each device connected rather than all devices connected2 my darl...

BobbyW by Dialled in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos