cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi doesn't reach my whole house

NorWill
Joining in

Hi there,

My WiFi does not reach the second bedroom or the kitchen of my house. The way the house is setup, means that we have to have our router right at the front.

I'd like to have some boosters ordered so I can make sure we have full coverage throughout.

Cheers,

Will

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to use the VM Connect App to get the Pods ordered.

Read this "pinned" thread Solved: How do I order the Wi-Fi pods? - Virgin Media Community - 5123613

Also https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @NorWill 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your coverage. Have you been able to visit the page linked by Adduxi? 

Hi Ashleigh_C,

The problem is when using the VM Connect app, my WiFi cuts out and switches to my 5G. If I turn off my mobile data then the app just gets stuck on "No internet connection. Trying to reconnect".

So the app is only trying to measure internet speed, but when there is no WiFi at all it won't measure that fact.

Cheers,

Will

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI -

Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 20 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey John,

I am one of the 1GB VOLT customers, I made sure to sign up just to get hold of the boosters.

I have looked into getting a Google WiFi booster, but figured I'd upgrade my package and try the Virgin Media ones first.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @NorWill, and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced when trying to order a Wi-Fi pod via the Connect App.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be able to assist you with this.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn