cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Installed Internet Line across the front of my window

Kyomi27
Tuning in

Virgin Recently installed internet cables on the exterior of my property/tenement and one of them goes vertically up the centre of my window. Rather than pinning it to the wall around the edges, it it pinned to go up the exact centre, ruining the view out the window. Can an engineer be appointed to come out and fix this?

14 REPLIES 14

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up a few photos.

Are you a VM customer?  Are you the property owner?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What kind of property is it, e.g. apartment block, house converted into flats.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kyomi27,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear the cable has been ran  so it goes over the window, so we can help, please can you add a picture of the cable?

Regard

Paul.

Kyomi27
Tuning in

hello! yes i am a VM customer, and i live in a tenement block. Picture attached! image_2024-02-22_134909802.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure this is a VM cable?  Hard to tell from the photo but it would be "unusual" for a VM cable to be installed that way - in tenaments they usually run cable into an internal distribution box.

Could it be a loose Sky cable, telephone cable or TV co-ax cable ?  Can you see where it starts from and goes to ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Kyomi27 wrote:

...ruining the view out the window.

what view?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kyomi27
Tuning in

Yes this is VM cable. it was installed for the flat above us for their internet as they recently became customers too. I am aware they normally go around windows which is why i was shocked to find they left it like this after their work. I thought maybe the wind blew it and there was slack, but no, it is actually pinned like this. 

@jbrennand wrote:

Are you sure this is a VM cable?  Hard to tell from the photo but it would be "unusual" for a VM cable to be installed that way - in tenaments they usually run cable into an internal distribution box.

It's certainly the proper way for the cable to be run to a ground floor lockbox and then distributed to the flats. However in this case it seems as if the tech just dropped the cable from the upstairs window to the omni box, and this could be troublesome to resolve.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes, that is basically exactly what has happened.