cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 keeps dropping out

adstang
On our wavelength

Hello

I had the hub 5 installed 5 days ago ( upgrade from the hub 3 ) since then I have been having multiple drop outs where the Internet will go off and then come back on. Lights flash white on the modem and then back to solid white. We did not have this issue with the hub 3.

This is quite frustrating as we have security devices using wifi. And they need to be connected back everytime this happens.

I've tried restarting the modem etc.

1000021924.jpg

1000021922.jpg

1000021920.jpg

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Check for signal or error issues in the Upstream / Downstream status tabs of the Hub 5.

adstang
On our wavelength

Hi thanks for your reply.

I have taken a screenshot of the upstream / downstream as I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Also in logs I have multiple instances of cable modem reboot because of - unknown.

1000021997.jpg

1000021996.jpg

1000021995.jpg

 Thank you 

Adam 

Hi @adstang 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the broadband. I can see you've contacted the team since posting and booked a engineer visit in.

Please let us know how the visit goes :).

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

adstang
On our wavelength

I'm on my third hub 5 in 2 weeks but it seems to have done the trick. No more drop outs ( yet ) 

That's great to hear @adstang please do monitor this and let us know how things are looking going forward.