cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Light

Tony246
Tuning in

Hi all

So my Virgin Hub 4 WIFI has suddenly stopped and there is a solid red light. I googled the problem and it mentioned it could be over heated, which is odd since it's sat on the side board with nothing within 20cm each side. As per usual, can't get through to Virgin on the phone. Any ideas?

25 REPLIES 25

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Chewbacca1,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Are you able to post a picture of what the Hub looks like?

Just so we can ensure on our side that it's not still being affected by the same issues?

Regards,

Kain

I also have a solid red light on my, I think, Hub 3 & so supposedly overgeating. It's not hot & has been like it for weeks. If a replacement is needed can you let me know please? I've tried re-setting a number of times. Thank you

'overheating' 😄

Hi SB-K, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Hub 3 looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I understand you've tried rebooting the Hub, but we'll need to see what happens when you do a full Pin Hole reset. To do this just hold a pin (or similar) into the hole on the back of the Hub for 3 - 5 seconds. This will revert the Hub back to factory settings and will also let us know what we need to do next. 

Do this for us today and let us know whether the red light reappears or not 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

Yeah, did that sorry...still nothing.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for giving it a go, SB-K.

I'm sorry to hear your Hub hasn't changed, even after a pin-hole reset. I'm going to send you a private message so we can book a Technician to come and replace this for you.

Please look out for it int he top-right, white envelope or the "Messages" tab when tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ