cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Light on Superhub 3

PJ789
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm hoping I can get some help on this matter. I have a solid red light on my superhub which has persisted over several weeks. This is joined by incredibly poor performance over 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi, and I believe a new superhub is needed.

The unit is not overheating.

I called support, went through all of the respective actions, and had to 'wait and see'. Unfortunately the issue has persisted over the last few weeks.

As a last ditch effort, I turned the hub off for 10 hours last night to see if that would change anything this morning. Unfortunately it did not.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue without having to buy another router?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PJ789 wrote:

Hello,

I'm hoping I can get some help on this matter. I have a solid red light on my superhub which has persisted over several weeks. This is joined by incredibly poor performance over 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi, and I believe a new superhub is needed.

The unit is not overheating.

I called support, went through all of the respective actions, and had to 'wait and see'. Unfortunately the issue has persisted over the last few weeks.

As a last ditch effort, I turned the hub off for 10 hours last night to see if that would change anything this morning. Unfortunately it did not.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue without having to buy another router?

Many thanks

Firstly, your VM equipment is rented. If it is not working correctly (which it isn’t) VM will replace it free of charge as per your contract. You have rebooted & done a “cold start”, which has not resolved it. The false overheat warning could mask a real issue that could be a fire risk, plus there has been a drop in performance, so you require a tech visit to replace it.

I have escalated this thread as a potential safety issue, so you should get a response here from the forum team soon. They will utilise the private messaging system to confirm your details & get this under way.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @PJ789,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with your Hub, what I would like to do is go about sending out a replacement Hub for you, I will need to confirm some details with you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top or your screen.

Joe

Thank you very much for the escalation nodrogd! Much appreciated.

Thank you very much Joe, I've just replied to you now.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @PJ789,

Glad we were able to have that chat and sort out a technician to replace your Hub, do let us know how the appointment goes and if you require anything further let us know.

Joe