cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Red Light

Tony246
Tuning in

Hi all

So my Virgin Hub 4 WIFI has suddenly stopped and there is a solid red light. I googled the problem and it mentioned it could be over heated, which is odd since it's sat on the side board with nothing within 20cm each side. As per usual, can't get through to Virgin on the phone. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red light on a Hub3 indicates overheating on a Hub4 its ......

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 16.01.44.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red light on a Hub3 indicates overheating on a Hub4 its ......

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 16.01.44.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Appreciate the response, first thing I did was check connections. All fitted correctly though. Thanks bud

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if there is a known problem. Try the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Tony246,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your Hub.

I located your account and I can see some errors are coming back, I will send you a private message so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jhuk
Trouble shooter

RED is NOT overheat on HUB4, HUB3 yes.

AFAIK Purple (never seen it ) on the HUB4 is Overheating.

It means a CM issue and I had one earlier and when I called in the Auto MSG said they knew about and were working on the fault in my area.

I have only seen RED once before on it when it was newly installed and I had a Wired connection but no WIFI for other devices, a reboot fixed it.

Screenshot_20211013-173648.png

GoldenBrown
On our wavelength

Our hub also has a solid red light and despite a reboot it is still showing. Can Virgin help please? 

Hi GoldenBrown,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with the hub lights.

So I can help I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi,

I am having the same problem, solid red light on the hub 4, do I really need to wait for an engineers visit to get this sorted out?

I’ve one booked for Saturday, but that’s a long time to be down.

Hey Dannat, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you have a red light on your Hub4.

This means there is an issues with the cable connection, however I can see you have been speaking to our team about this.

Please can you let me know how it goes the visit goes.

Also if we find there is a network outage, we would cancel your appointment and we would let you know, and work on the fix externally.

We do get cancellations sometimes and they would go on to your online account under my appointments or you would get a SMS to notify you, these are on a first come base though. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?