cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi dead spot...useless support

monkeysuncle
Joining in

Tearing my hair out with virgin support over WhatsApp.

WiFi signal doesn't reach my furthest bedroom, I am on WiFi max so can get a pod to create a mesh. 

Contacted virgin support over their WhatsApp. The person on the other end is beyond useless. Keeps asking me to run a speed test even when I say I have no WiFi signal..

Then they ask me to run a speed test on my mobile data! How is that going to help. 

How can their support be this bad!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Whatapp is a Chatbot. It is designed to give you the best run-around possible.

Any decent brand of Wireless Repeaters will be better to own than a VM Pod.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this..

_________

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point, (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the response.

I am on the Wifi Max/o2 volt package so I get 3 pods as part of my package, might as well make use of before buying my own mesh. Will just call on Monday then. Getting no where with Whatsapp

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @monkeysuncle, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been facing when trying to order a Wi-Fi pod to add to your connection.

At the risk of potentially re-running diagnostics, can you confirm if the tests you've ran have been with our Connect App?

When running tests on the Connect App, you should be able to identify any black spots, which when discovered should then prompt you to place an order for the required Wi-Fi pod.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn