cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

Tr4hman
Tuning in

My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space there is a a drop out in wifi connection on all devices through out the day

136 REPLIES 136

Hi my partner has the same issue but kept getting told by your collegues to do the usual reboot/resets

We were also advised by someone to use a fan on the box to cool it down, and over christmas week had numerous outages for hours on end, not a great way to spend christmas trying to relax, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Gingee37,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the hub, so I can get a few more details from you regarding this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

I have this problem too, for several weeks now the hub has had a solid red light. It doesn't feel hot and is in a fairly well ventilated space where it an its predecessors have been for years and years. The wifi has been dropping out a bit here and there but not too bad although suddenly I can't get one of my computers to connect to it at all much of the time. 

I called Virgin and they made me reset it but the red light still shows. I asked them about the advice on here and they just told me not to worry and ignore it.

Should I in fact be getting a new hub (and if so, how?!) or should I just ignore it? I'm grateful for any good advice please.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry that this has been the case - I will send you over a private message so I can take a look for you 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan

I am having the same issue. I spoke to the faults team a few weeks ago and they said they would look into this and come back to me but i have not had anything back. Meanwhile, my hub had had a constant red light despite being positioned correctly. Would someone be able to contact me about this please? 

Thanks 

I have the same issue. Constant red light. All checks and scans completed. Lught is still red. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jools66,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community 

Sorry about any issues caused, when you state all checks completed, are you relating that to checking the cables are securely fastened and in a well-ventilated area?

If so let me know and I'll assist further.

Thanks,

Kain

Hello Kain,

Yes, cables checked, area is well ventilated, reboot carried out and light is still red. 

Thanks

Julia

Hi @Jools66

Thank you for clarifying.

We will need to send you a replacement hub.

I will send you a private message so we can order this for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Paula_22
Joining in

I am have in the same issue. I called support. They told me to do the usual things reset etc. I told her i had done all that but i did it again just for her. She told me that all was good on her end. I told her wifi was still dropping out and red light was on. Guess i am in the same boat as everyone else now.