cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install complete - No service

Lazer92
Joining in

I’ve worked in the telecoms sector for 10 years, started as an apprentice with Openreach, I’ve worked on Copper/FTTP/Ethernet and lead major programmes, so I like to think I know my stuff lol. So I had my install today 25/10/23, technician completed external works from joint box to my internal connection (No ONT - straight into my Virgin router), but to the techs surprise the router didn’t kick in. I asked him if he’d checked for light, he looked a little surprised, but said no because his light reader didn’t work…. Hmmm, he received a working light reader from a colleague near by and it was proven that there was no light to my external junction box. I questioned as to why light was not checked by the pull team upon erecting the DW, the response was it should have been. Now reading through all these forums there is a fundamental flaw with the VMO2 operating model and that’s accepting orders on a network which is neither existing or lit, from my experience I don’t understand how a network can be ‘live’ and allow customers orders without it being tested to a port on the CBT/Audited-Quality Check/Commissioned and then subsequently when the pre pull work is done if the wrong light or no light is present this should trigger a fault task and block the provision task being undertaken. There are fundamental flaws in the VMO2 processes and I don’t understand how they can even vouch for the integrity of their network if they don’t have accurate light loss readings up to a CBT. So here I am tonight, planning how I can get through a few days (probably weeks/months) working from home without service - albeit I’ve got a shiny new VMO2 router, the red flashing light is a nice new addition to the front rooms ambience.

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You need only browse through the (somewhat-inappropriately-named) 'Quick Start' forum to read countless examples of VM's installation bungling which results in huge delays for a connection for some customers and often large pay-outs in auto compensation from VM.

But VM knows all this. It has being going on for years and VM is obviously OK with how this way of working looks on the balance sheet and so the bungling continues.