cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Cable Installation: 18 months of pain hopefully over soon

JJamil
Just joined

After 18 months of being with Virgin Broadband (being mis-sold and lied to when agreeing to the contract in the first place) I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with Virgin over at least 8-9 calls to resolve the major trip hazard cable "installed on my property" as there was no installation, it was just placed on my driveway as a trip hazard. I have had at least 4-5 cable installation teams come to my property and just tell me that there is nothing that they can do and another team needs to come out and install correctly. Then virgin send the same team again and again. 

When discussing the installation day I had a long conversation with the installations team telling them that they need to discuss with me exactly how the cable would be installed on my property before they do anything. This is because it is a concrete driveway so I wanted to know how this installation would work. Would they bury the cable? How would they bury it. If they had told me that they would just place it on the floor in the corner I would have declined, that is why I raised my concerns BEFORE the installation.

Whilst I was asleep these cowboys came onto my property done a terrible installation job and then disappeared, leaving me with the headache and hours of trying to get it rectified. NOTHING was ever resolved by Virgin, being passed around from department to department. 
Finally my 18 months is now over having given up finally, I will be moving to a new provider and I would really like this eyesore, trip hazard cable removed from my property.
I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully had the cable removed and anyone else who has had a nightmare installation process with Virgin. Finally, would like to know what Virgin have to say about this type of situation that is never resolved. I am so annoyed with the customer service process that I would rather pay more for a different provider then remain with a company this bad.VirginMediaCable.jpg
Posting a picture of this so called installation on my property which was installed on my property without my permission while I was sleeping!

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

Once your contract is finished:

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JJamil,

Thanks for posting this on our Community Forums, I am truly sorry that you've had such a poor experience with us since you signed up 😥

I am more than happy to help you with this, I'll send you a PM now so we can get stuck into the issue. 

Speak to you soon.

Megan