cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V5 Hub issues - slow wifi speeds on 1gig broadband, 15 min reconnects & have to reset often, anyone else?

Glassdome
Joining in

Hi all, any advice would be appreciated.  We have a V5 hub  Gig1 broadband service.  We never achieve more than 400mbps and quite often are sub 100mbps, sometimes sub 50mbps. 

If we have to turn off the hub for any reason it takes around 15 minutes to reconnect devices and often won't reconnect wired devices with only some wifi devices connecting.  We have had tests run and been told to reset the hub which we have done now on 5 occasions.  Painful as we have to then go in and reset up the router with new passwords etc.  Tests have been run with the last person stating there were issues and that they would make changes and carry out tests their end.  They said they would call me back, but never did.  I love the idea of the speed of Virgin Media - but have not realised it since I have had it. 

Not sure if the Hub is faulty, or whether there is a cable connection issue, but something is not right.  I haven't faced being able to dial back in as we go through the same routine of tests, re-boots, resetting the box, etc and it takes ages, only not to have it followed up on. I will have one more go at calling the help desk, but do others have similar issues?

2 REPLIES 2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Glassdome 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies for the delay in responding, I can see that you have reached out to our contact team for technician support. 

Keep us updated.

Sabrina

Hi and thank you for replying and following up. A technician came out on Friday - my first wow with virgin as a next day tech technician was not expected. Sam the technician was amazing and diagnosed the fault to two items. She replaced the hub and it has worked perfectly since. I have to say I’m super impressed and I think virgin has either massively focused on service and it’s paying dividends. Or I was lucky and had a great person on the phone who arranged the appointment and one of the best technicians.  Sam the engineer was fantastic and knowledgeable. All sorted. Thank you Sam and Virgin. 

This can be closed off now. With a very happy customer.