cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install not completed for 3 months and counting

Waqar99
Joining in

Hi there,

I wanted to message on here to see if someone could actually help as no one on the pre installs team or anyone through Web chat seems to help. 

I was supposed to have my external work completed on the 30th of January but this has just been getting pushed back and back. Initially I was told it was because they had not received a permit from the local council. Then once this had been disproved by me, they told me that yes the work had been approved but that external work can take 6 to 8 weeks to complete. So I waited. I'm on week 13 now and over the last 4/5 weeks I keep getting told they're coming today (no one actually turns up). In the meantime the external works team came and did the work for my neighbour, I thought they were doing my property but only realised after. They then did come to my property a few days after they had done my neighbours but they haven't been back since. This was about 6/7 weeks ago. 

I was wondering if there's anyway of contacting the external works team directly? Or if there's anything I can do to speed up the process? I keep getting told the matter has been raised to priority and that the external works team has been informed to contact me with an updated timescale but no one ever does help me. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Waqar

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

See this reply from yesterday to a very similar query

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Yet-another-Abysmal-preinstall/m-p/551650...

Keep good records of your failed installation experience for the purposes of compensation.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Waqar99

Thanks for your post, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I am so sorry to hear your installation has been delayed for so long, this is really disappointing

I'll pop you over a private message so I can grab your details and have a look into this for you, I'll also ensure a complaint has been raised.

Thanks

Beth