cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram and Facebook not loading pictures on wifi - wifi working

rlw1986
Tuning in

Hi

For the last 4 days I cannot see any pictures / load newsfeed on wall on Instagram or Facebook when on Wifi.

I have checked the wifi and all seems to be correct and working. I can go on all other websites / apps / stream tv and music using the wifi. The issue seems to be just wifi on Instagram and Facebook (and just noticed some YouTube). I would note that when I turn wifi off and use my mobile data , Instagram and Facebook work fine so that’s what is making me think it’s our wifi. The same is happening on my husbands phone and my kindle tablet. 

so far I’ve done all troubleshooting online - turned off router, reset router, cleared history and cache, updated Instagram and Facebook apps, deleted and reinstalled applications. Still experiencing same issues not being able to use Instagram and Facebook. 

Any help appreciated

thanks 

43 REPLIES 43

Did you ever get this resolved? I vs not get this issue resolved..

Hi no still not had this resolved. Anyone have any ideas for how to sort? 

Thanks so much,

Tom

Hi there @thnott, sorry to see that this issue has still not been resolved for you.

Just to confirm, was this reset that you performed on the hub the pin hole reset or the on and off switch?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Thank you very much for your help. I have tried both reset options but had no luck.

Tom

Hi thnott,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to see you are still facing the same issue, I have reached out to see if we can get some further support on this as everything tried hasn't worked so far, once I hear anything I weill update you.

Regards

Paul.

Badgersb
Joining in

Any updates on this from VM at all?  London-based and facing the same problems - YT, insta, fb, twitter images/reels/videos either not loading at all, or a long lag if do - across multiple devices (iphone, ipad, MS laptop)

Rebooted multiple times. New hub installed also. Must  e linked to VM wifi / Superhub as they all load speedily over cellular?. Really frustrating. Any ideas?

Hey Badgersb,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection and trying to browse social media content. 

Have you tried a pin hole reset of your hub since the issues started? If not, please could you try that and let me know if that has any affect on the issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the help.

Pinhole reset it today but its made no difference (the hub itself was new anyway). So same issue remains of pictures and clips not loading. The wifi signal itself is strong it seems, so  it feels as if something is blocking the content being able to reach devices. ( note again - it’s across multiple devices, both apple and MS). Once you move to cellular it its all accessible straight away. Once you go back to wifi, the same blockage…

Still struggling with exactly the same issue annoyingly.

Hi there @thnott 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I am so sorry that you have been effected by this issue as well. Can I ask if you have also tried the steps mentioned in this thread? 

@Badgersb have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as clearing all cache?

Thank you