cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram and Facebook not loading pictures on wifi - wifi working

rlw1986
Tuning in

Hi

For the last 4 days I cannot see any pictures / load newsfeed on wall on Instagram or Facebook when on Wifi.

I have checked the wifi and all seems to be correct and working. I can go on all other websites / apps / stream tv and music using the wifi. The issue seems to be just wifi on Instagram and Facebook (and just noticed some YouTube). I would note that when I turn wifi off and use my mobile data , Instagram and Facebook work fine so that’s what is making me think it’s our wifi. The same is happening on my husbands phone and my kindle tablet. 

so far I’ve done all troubleshooting online - turned off router, reset router, cleared history and cache, updated Instagram and Facebook apps, deleted and reinstalled applications. Still experiencing same issues not being able to use Instagram and Facebook. 

Any help appreciated

thanks 

43 REPLIES 43

Thanks. I’m in London and don’t have VM tv.

Hi no this issue is not resolved and is still ongoing 

fairly certain it’s a wifi issue with Virgin Media as on mobile data and other peoples wifis (friends house etc) it works fine 

Hi Dave 

thanks for messaging. I’m in the North East area, no we don’t have tv. We only have broadband with Virgin. I’m thinking it must be a wifi issue as mobile data is fine and using other peoples wifi (work etc) works fine. But our wifi simply won’t show pictures - attached a random screenshot it’s the same on Facebook. And YouTube won’t load at all 

thank you 

Hi thanks for the response. I am in the North East/North Yorkshire area near Middlesbrough. I don't use Virgin TV so can't say whether that is affected.

Tom, Same here! I am in the North East/North Yorkshire area near Middlesbrough too! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @tom1432 and @rlw1986 

J-ha is in London, but I was hoping (sorry J-Ha) that all the problems stemmed from the same area so we could try and pinpoint it to be passed on higher up the chain.

I'm actually in Middlesbrough and luckily for me I aren't having those issues.

I asked about Youtube via a VM set top box as I've seen users in the TV forums having problems with youtube and thought it may related, possibly the local connection node that youtube is fed from. For the Teesside/North Yorkshire users it may actually be that the node is at fault

It may be even more localised in the Teesside area, Stokesley, Guisbrough, Redcar, Loftus etc

I'll ask a few questions behind the scenes anyway.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

I did think it must be a local issue due to the fact that connecting to a VPN seemed to solve it. I did use the service status checker yesterday, and was also on the phone with someone who checked my service, and both reported no issues. I have just checked service status again though and there is now a listed broadband issue which may be fixed later tonight apparently, so I'll wait and see. Thanks for the help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fingers crossed Tom, and rlw, and hopefully poor J-Ha too.

Pop and update the thread and if this listed broadband issue doesn't fix it then i'll feed it back.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Tom

what’s the link for the service checker please? 
a technician is supposed to be coming to my house in the morning to check over things as Virgin (on the phone) said that they can’t fix it. 

There should be a button at the top of this page saying "Check service status" that you can use to get to it, but here's a link https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status
For me it says there is a broadband issue that they hope to fix by about midnight tonight.