cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram and Facebook not loading pictures on wifi - wifi working

rlw1986
Tuning in

Hi

For the last 4 days I cannot see any pictures / load newsfeed on wall on Instagram or Facebook when on Wifi.

I have checked the wifi and all seems to be correct and working. I can go on all other websites / apps / stream tv and music using the wifi. The issue seems to be just wifi on Instagram and Facebook (and just noticed some YouTube). I would note that when I turn wifi off and use my mobile data , Instagram and Facebook work fine so that’s what is making me think it’s our wifi. The same is happening on my husbands phone and my kindle tablet. 

so far I’ve done all troubleshooting online - turned off router, reset router, cleared history and cache, updated Instagram and Facebook apps, deleted and reinstalled applications. Still experiencing same issues not being able to use Instagram and Facebook. 

Any help appreciated

thanks 

43 REPLIES 43

@ashleigh_c -   Just tested removing fb from one device and no change. Just a reminder we’re talking about this occurring on devices, and not jsut apps roo. So the web version of insta on a laptop has the same problem . Similarly the web version of Yt on an ipad too.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Badgersb, thanks for your reply and feedback.

Sorry to hear the pin-hole reset did not work for you and that you're still getting the same issues.

Can you please confirm if it all works ok when on your mobile data whilst on the same device on the WiFi the same error occurs?

Also, could you please kindly check and let us know if the same happens over a hard-wired connection on your router too (ethernet)?

Do you use any VPN and are you able to test the pages once on safe mode on your pc/laptop to see if it works there?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I’ve been having these problems since returning from holiday two weeks ago and have tried absolutely everything including resetting. Have you discovered any solutions that work since this post? Thanks

no solution worked so I bit the bullet, put my hub into modem(?) mode and added a new , separate router. Never had a problem since. So it feels like it is a Hub problem, one that isn’t being addressed.