cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 with Nest Wi-Fi Pro connection issues

raichu059
Joining in

Upgraded to 1GB broadband this week and received the Hub 5. I also decided to upgrade my mesh system to the Nest Wi-Fi Pro, I'd used a previous generation Google mesh system with the Hub 3 and it worked brilliantly.

I fired up the Hub 5, connected to it, logged into the back end and changed it to modem mode, then once it had applied the changes I hooked up the Nest router and began the setup process in the Google Home app.

However, once I get through set up of the router and two further points, the connection is frequently dropping out or not working at all, so much so that after a few hours of messing around with factory resets, re-positioning and un-plugging / plugging things back in, I've removed all of the Nest Wi-Fi Pro points and just switched the Hub back to router mode while I figure out what the issue is. Surprise surprise, relying on the Hub itself is still incredibly patchy so I'm hoping that someone will have a suggestion as to why the Nest system may not be working as it should. I'm unsure whether it's a VM issue or an issue with the Nest points.

Also, just to note that I hooked the Nest router up to port 4 on the router as suggested online, and I also tried port 1. Both had similar results

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

When the Hub 5 was installed, was it connected to the end of the previous (functional) Hub's cable retaining any attenuators & isolators ?

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Raichu059 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting. Welcoming you onto our community forum.

Sorry to see it is not working for your hub 5.

When was the hub 5 installed and active?

Are you able to connect as normal?

Let us know.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide