cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron Chita regular rebooting.

THAtNewlands
Tuning in

Hi all, 

I have had Virgin Business broadband installed on the 17th of December and from the offset had issues with the router completely rebooting itself approximately every 2 hours leaving us without internet and phone lines for roughly 5 to 10 minutes at a time.  I contacted  technical support who blamed our 2 hardwired network printers and suggested I contacted Xerox, reluctantly I disconnected the printers and it still rebooted.  I phoned back and they told me they "boosted" the signal and to wait a few hours, again this felt like I was being fobbed off.  After phoning again and moaning they organised an engineer to come out. He came out on the 24th and tested the line quality etc and stated that everything connection wise was perfect so concluded I had faulty hardware so changed the router for another Hitron Chita.  Unfortunately we are still experiencing exactly the same problem which is a major headache - not so much losing the internet, but losing the phones are a major inconvenience. I have created a connection monitor and uploaded the chart which has been running since this morning.Connection.png

Anyone had similar issues, or can give me any advise?

Cheers.

46 REPLIES 46

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@Chermie:  The mods approved the image.  Not being familiar with that Hitron model, I don't know whether or not they provide the downstream error count on DOCSIS 3.1.  What does the network log say?  I'd be looking for the message that occurs when there is a modem reset.  Nothing in what you've posted raises an eybrow from me.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

chermie
On our wavelength

@Sephiroth wrote:

@Chermie:  The mods approved the image.  Not being familiar with that Hitron model, I don't know whether or not they provide the downstream error count on DOCSIS 3.1.  What does the network log say?  I'd be looking for the message that occurs when there is a modem reset.  Nothing in what you've posted raises an eybrow from me.

Many thanks for your reply. The modem has reset itself to the factory settings yesterday, so the logs have been wiped out, but here are the logs that are currently there:

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 11.49.57.jpeg

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@Chermie:  Yes - those particular log entries reflect a hard reset (the 01/01/1900 entries are the clue).  So not much to go by at this stage.

chermie
On our wavelength

@Sephiroth wrote:

@Chermie:  Yes - those particular log entries reflect a hard reset (the 01/01/1900 entries are the clue).  So not much to go by at this stage.

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll keep the attenuator and see how it goes. Fingers crossed. 🤞

chermie
On our wavelength

Unfortunately, the modem has just rebooted again despite the 10dB attenuator installed. 😭

The logs don't say anything useful, just the usual logs dated 1970. I think I need to give VM a call again...

Hey @chermie,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we would advise that you reach out to the Business site for all assistive queries as this is residential and we would not be able to assist. Here is their link 👉 Business .

Many thanks.

Joe

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Don’t you just love this social media speak: “reach out”?

With this rebooting, it’ll either be adverse circuit conditions or wrong firmware (which I doubt). There’s not much info in the Network Logs to help pinpoint things. If it’s SYnc Errors, usually in the Downstream. The D3.1 stats were inferior Info) to those I see ont

the residential service. The D3.1 channels do the heavy lifting.