cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband intermittent wifi and wired

Griffin29
Tuning in

Hi, need help with intermittent but fairly regular problems accessing internet. Happens with both connected and Wi-Fi and usually sorts itself out after 10 minutes or so. I’ve tried rebooting hub and running diagnostics but makes no difference and there isn’t a fault as such when it’s working. info below from router status but I don’t really understand what it means. 
Can anyone help? 

thanks Tim

Network Log

Time Priority Description
Thu Jul
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Jul
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Jul
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Jul
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Jul
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 12; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Jul
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Jul
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Jul
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Jul
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Jul
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Jan
Mon Jul
Mon Jul
Mon Jul
Mon Jul
Sun Jul
Sun Jul
Sun Jul
Sun Jul
Sun Jul
Sun Jul
Sun Jul
Thu Jan
Sat Jul
Sat Jul
Sat Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Fri Jul
Thu Jul
Wed Jul
Wed Jul
Wed Jul
Wed Jul
Wed Jul
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Jul
Tue Jul
Tue Jul
Thu Jan
Tue Jul
Tue Jul
Tue Jul
Tue Jul
Thu Jan
Tue Jul
10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

I am guessing that is a Hub 5.  If it is a Hub 4 do let us know.

When the intermittent problems occur, are there any changes in the lights displayed on the Hub ?

It’s a hub 4,

Software version: AR01.04.055.06.07_040722_7245.PC20.10.LG.X1

I've not noticed any light changes but will check when it happens again.....thanks for the interest

Client62
Legend

Check for a known fault in your street via : 0800 561 0061.

From the Hub Upstream and Downstream tabs are there any obvious issues ?

Hi Griffin29

From checking the connection and equipment, all of the levels appear to be within the ranges we'd expect to see. The speeds are averaging 1139mbps download and 104mbps upload, there has been one disconnection in the last 3 days which was yesterday, this is opposed to daily once for the previous days.

Has this improved since your post? There aren't any known area issues reported at the time of writing this.

Rob 

Hi Rob, seems pretty much the same, definitely did it yesterday and this morning. I'll get the info from the router status tabs and post.

Hi @Griffin29

Please keep us updated and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Been delayed due to illness but the issues persists with regular disconnections. I've got another unrelated tivo problem now but how do I progress this, seems like either a router or external issue however no faults found as obviously working when diagnostics are run. Thanks

Thanks for coming back to the thread @Griffin29, and I'm sorry to hear of the recent connection issues, and ill health - certainly hope you're back to your best 😊

Can you please confirm what diagnostics have been ran on the equipment and connection since your original post?

Are all connections from to and from the router tight and secure?

When you experience a drop in connection, does this occur on all devices at the same time, or is it one device in particular that struggles on the connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi Dave, sorry for delayed reply been tricky here. So intermittent connection loss remains (I've another issue with tivo which virgin are sending me a replacement for, I'm positive it's unrelated). 

I've turned off waited then turned on router, I've ran diags from the virgin app. 

Cabling hasn't changed, often the first I know about it (as not always home) is when my NAS sends me an email saying connection was lost but is now restored. I'm pretty sure all devices whether cabled or wifi are affected (NAS, PC, WIFIWAP and Zigbee hub are wired, phones, media streamer and some smart home stuff  is wireless. 

Drop out only seems to happen for a short period of time. Prior to the tivo developing a problem I'm not aware of any issues with catchup etc on that which seems a bit strange. 

I tried to involve virgin call center once I'd eventually reached them about the tivo but it confused matters too much and I gave up trying to explain so was thinking I'll wait until I get the tivo and try again (been waiting a week now 😩).

I'll try and see what lights are doing next time it happens.  

Appreciate the reply, if I've missed something I can do to progress myself please let me know.