cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 regular rebooting

jmg156
On our wavelength

A few months ago, my Hub 4 began rebooting by itself. It was once a day initially but gradually increased to several. An engineer came to investigate and he replaced something to reduce the "noise". This seemed to solve it as I didn't have any further issues afterwards. 

Unfortunately, my router has started to reboot itself (multiple times a day) again. I've already tried resetting it (both methods) and it still happens. Considering I'm now charged £55 a month just for broadband I'm really disappointed. Could this be investigated and resolved please?

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jmg156 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of the router reboots. You do need a tech visit as the SNR levels on some of your upstream channels are out. 

I'll send you a PM now to get this booked in.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jmg156
On our wavelength

Update. An engineer visited and they could not locate any SNR issues. The splitter was replaced (again) just in case. This doesn't seem to have worked as my router has rebooted four times (so far) today. In addition the engineer seemed surprised I have a Hub 4 when I'm on the M125 package. Not sure why!

Unfortunately I'm becoming rather dissatisfied with this situation. I don't feel the service I'm receiving is anywhere good value for £55/month.

Hi @jmg156 thanks for your reply here, sorry to hear that things are still ongoing for you - we can appreciate this is frustrating.

If things haven't stabilised since your post on here, please message John directly and he can re-book an engineer in if needed. At the moment, the diagnostics do seem to suggest things have stabilised but if not, please reach out to John directly via PM.

Many thanks

Tom_W

jmg156
On our wavelength

Further update - I tried another pinhole reset on Saturday evening after the fifth reboot. So far it appears to have stabilised so hopefully it stays that way!

Hey @jmg156,

Great to hear that, let us know how it goes and if you need anything further please reach out.

Cheers. Joe

jmg156
On our wavelength

After ten days of stability my router has started rebooting yet again. Three times (so far) today. Pinhole and plug resets obviously haven't worked

Please sort it out

Hi there @jmg156 

Thank you so much for popping back to us and I am so sorry to hear that these issues have continued! I have taken a look and can see there were some disconnections on Tuesday but things look like they have cleared since on our side. 

How has the connection been for you since your last post?