cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot up router remotely

brian01_uk
On our wavelength

I'm out of UK and no physical presence possible. I guess a power cut may have happened. Status message of Virgin services says broadband is good, but router is not working??. How can this be checked and turned on as I see no way to do this with the mobile App at this time. Thanks in advance as all my house services are down as a result, including security!!!! [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Hope this helps you help me!! Of course, if I've got it wrong, I'll have a piece of humble pie!!!

Thanks in advance...

Brian

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK there is no way of logging in remotely. If there was it would be a serious security risk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK there is no way of logging in remotely. If there was it would be a serious security risk.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Our Hub 3 has a screen to enable remote access, in our case it is all greyed out, but I am aware that is not the case for all Hub 3s. 

With the public IP of the Hub or the FQDN it would be possible to ping the Hub to see if it was running.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Maybe the power cut is ongoing? Maybe it tripped the rcd

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @brian01_uk thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised surrounding your loss of service.

I have checked things over on my side and the Hub does still seem turned off at the moment, are you still experiencing this loss of service?

We can look to send a technician out for you, but there would need to be someone in the property at the time of our visit - is this going to be possible for you to arrange?

If so, please let us know and we can send you a PM to give you a specific appointment time.

Many thanks

Tom_W