cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

homeworks added without me asking for it

scareyone
On our wavelength

can someone from the virgin team tell me why a subscription service called ' virgin homeworks' has been added to my account without me asking for it..

the first i knew of this was when i received an email today from virgin thanking me for adding this service...

apparently this service costs £9.99....

i dont want it and i will not pay £9.99 per month for it..

14 REPLIES 14

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi scareyone,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there's some confusion with your package. 

I can see from our side that you've been able to speak with us over the phone about this, if you still need help please let us know.

Alex_Rm

scareyone
On our wavelength

hi alex,

update...using the chat function i have eventually sorted this .....this unwanted subscription service has now been cancelled..

i'm wondering how many other virgin customers have had this added to their contract and are un-aware they are paying for it...

shame on you virgin....

Hi scareyone, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things were resolved for you. 

It's not very often we hear about instances such as this but we do ensure that your billing is very transparent so you are able to see any changes and let us know at the first opportunity. 

We also collect all the feedback given in the forums and use it to learn which areas we need to improve in. We will certainly pass this information over to the relevant teams. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

scareyone
On our wavelength

thank you kath  😏

This happened to me too a few days ago when I was cancelling Viaplay. Homeworks was mentioned in a very fast recitation of contract terms but there was no mention of it being chargeable. I have managed to get it removed but, as usual, contacting Virgin Support is a very tedious process. To be fair, when I eventually got through to Online Chat, it was sorted very quickly but it should not have happened in the first place.

sausageroll99
Joining in

It appears this is just the tip of the iceberg, looks like Virgin Media maybe pushing services on people that they do not want or have not even agreed to.

I am home vising my elderly and vulnerable mother. After reviewing her bills and paperwork, which I do each time I visit just to ensure everything is in order, I have noticed that she too has been an unwilling victim of Virgin Media’s apparent alleged greed and dishonestly.

Not only has she been signed up to Virgin Homeworks against her will, she has also been signed up to an extremely expensive (over £100 p/m) calls package, AND to add insult to injury, a children’s TV package as well!

Virgin Media, please tell me what a 90 year old would need a children’s TV package?

Virgin Media, why have you taken advantage of the elderly and vulnerable, by adding multiple items to the account that have definitely not been requested and are certainly not required!

Hi sausageroll99,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry if the account holder isn't on a contract they are happy with. 

All deals would have to be agreed to by the account holder before they can be processed. 

I am happy to take a look into this for them though. 

I will private message you now to confirm the details. 

^Martin

I am currently on the phone to VM as this happened to me too. Not only have they increased the package cost although offering me something different over the phone. 

willtup2
Tuning in

The same thing has just happened to me, I have just received my monthly bill from Virgin and can see that I have had Homeworks added to my account without my request to do so. What is happening here ? I wasnt even in the country when this service was added !! Can someone at VM please tell us what is happening ? Why are you changing our contracts by adding services in that havent been requested ?