cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

Hi Idiadamo  thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

The volt upgrade is as newapollo has described.  Please do get back to us, if it passes the 14 days and you do not notice the change or your online account does not show the upgrade?

Regards

Lee_R

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear you're not seeing the full benefits of your speed increase so far DerekW21, just to confirm - were you testing via a wired Ethernet connection with just one device connected? If you're using WiFi or have multiple devices in use when testing then you may not get an accurate reflection of the actual line speed.

Tom 

Hi there,

Just a quick question, I have got my Volt working today from O2 side. I am on M200 package with Hub 3. If by the grace of God, everything goes well, I get upgraded to Volt M350, would I need a new hub or this one would do.

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vjtech, 

Thank you for your post. It can take 14 days for your speed upgrade to go through, keep us posted 🙂 

Zoie

tpmchugh
On our wavelength

Mine went thru OK, did not need  new hub

Hey @vjtech,

You wouldn't need a new hub for the upgrade from 200mb to 350mb, the hub 3 would only need to be upgraded if you go above a 500mb connection.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @tpmchugh,

After O2 sorted Volt, how long VM took to boost your speeds t. Did you have to talk to anyone or it happened behind scenes.

Many thanks

Just an update to everyone with timeline.

Enrolled for Volt on O2 website: 05/01/2022

Upgraded O2 contract on 06/01/2022 because existing contract was ending on 15/01/2022. (New Contract £8/m Ulm Min+text 15GB Data) 

10/01 Chat to O2 service to check on Volt status, agent sent a message to Volt team to look into it. I was advised by chat service that I would receive a response from Volt team within 14 days. The message on O2 website Volt Benefits section was 

vjtech_0-1641933821935.png

11/01: Tried calling VM Billing Department, they said only paid option to do it (including new SIM and all that...). Person was genuine said, it isn't allowing me add Volt to your account for free. I Hung up...and made my mind to wait for suggested time.

After an hour kids started moaning, internet dropped. I check, the hub restarted, came back after its slugging boot time. 

Guess what, I was drenched in its new found glory of M350 services active. Received and email from VM Volt confirming, all active.

Happy Ending...

Thinking of it in long run, this small upgrade will attract lot of people and keep lot of people tied in to contract for long time. When they would think of moving, double speed and next level broadband with impede thoughts. Good Strategy... 

From signing up to receipt of full services: 6 Days (Impressive)

What can I say....Happy Ending

Forgot to mention: 

10/01/2022: O2 Data allowance doubled to 30GB per month.😎

Can't complain.

Good work Volt Team on both ends.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vjtech,

Thank you for coming back to us about your Volt experience. I'm glad to hear that your upgrades have come through and you're receiving doubled data and upraded speeds. 🙂

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. We're happy to assist if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs