cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

As the original poster of this thread two weeks ago, just a quick update to say I have received the speed increase today, with no change to my contract price or length.

It seems once you get the data boost at O2, the speed boost follows approx 7 days later after O2 informs Virgin (Up to that point who knows what Virgin are doing!)

Simply put, this is a free upgrade so don't be pressured into paying more than you are now or a new contract. It is now starting to work but you do have to wait approx 14 days after signing up.

@Feverdog2872 wrote:
As the original poster of this thread two weeks ago, just a quick update to say I have received the speed increase today, with no change to my contract price or length.

It seems once you get the data boost at O2, the speed boost follows approx 7 days later after O2 informs Virgin (Up to that point who knows what Virgin are doing!)

Simply put, this is a free upgrade so don't be pressured into paying more than you are now or a new contract. It is now starting to work but you do have to wait approx 14 days after signing up.

Same here – absolutely no communication from Virgin, but my MyVirginMedia account shows the increase with a little 'Volt' label on the broadband section. Speedtest confirms the increase too.

To reiterate the above post, please don't buy any upgrades from dodgy or ill-informed sales people – this is a completely free offer.

Enduser
Fibre optic

Yes, I got mine, O2 data doubled very quickly, and speed increase from VM took about ten days, it was done remotely. All i'am waiting for now is for my wife's data increase for the O2 account that she has in her own right. If I read it correctly on the O2 site that offer may be introduced at a later stage.

Glad it worked for you. I only have my new O2 phone (needed a new one anyway) for 6 days. What I am confused about was an earlier post asking if we had opted in. I cant find anything anywhere about opting in or applying for Volt. Unfortunately the O2 shop really could not help as they are a little country town shop that does not have Virgin systems anywhere near so they did not know what to do about it as I was their one and only virgin customer. So is there any application process

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tpmchugh

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

To confirm, did you contact O2/Virgin regarding the Volt benefits in order to upgrade? Or did we get in touch with you? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Im also having an issue.. the sales people on the complaints chat are just telling me to wait.. but its been over the 2 weeks.. nobody seems to be able to help.

I have M500 now.. so I need the Hub 4/5 but nobody seems to know what to do

tpmchugh
On our wavelength

Hi @Sofia_B

Thanks for reply

I have contacted no-one nor has anyone contacted me. I can find nothing re contacting on Virgin or O2 web pages. I have Broadband, TV and landline package with virgin, an account I have had since they were CableTel. I now have an O2 pay monthly phone but I have no idea how to apply for Volt or do I simply wait until  I get an upgrade. The Virgin web page has links that take me to MyO2 which has links that bring me back to Virgin but no where is there a link to apply for Volt

Terry

Hi Terry,

If both accounts have matching name and address details, you would need to sign into your My O2 app- you should then be presented with a banner for Volt benefits.

Can you confirm if you've tried this?

Alex_Rm

tpmchugh
On our wavelength

Hi @Alex_RM

Have signed into MyO2 and I see an item that when I click on it, I see 3 options about my address. Options are; you already have it, you may get it in up to 14 days or not eligible. It then lists my address. I take it that it is checking automatically without any application action from me

Terry

Thanks Terry,

Have 14 days passed since checking this?

I would advise to speak with O2 to double check, but this should register you for the benefits.

Alex_Rm