cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange upgrade bug

Natt39
Tuning in

I’m out of contract and I’ve been considering leaving VM just because it’s genuinely less of a headache to switch than try and get a new contract sorted out.

I noticed that there seemed now to be a way to sort your package out through the website so I thought I’d give that a try. However any option to upgrade, downgrade, look at the Black Friday deals etc takes me through to a pre completed basket which contains my current package with no ability to clear it or actually look at any of these deals. The most backwards part of it though is this…

IMG_1423.png

Not only are both those prices higher than what I’m currently paying, for the same package, the loyalty discount is higher than the regular price. 

Anyone else seen this before?

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Natt39 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I appreciate the confusion. I think the discount part is actually showing you how much discount you'd be getting, rather than just being higher than the regular price. For example it would mean price is x amount base, but we'd give you y discount for the contract period. 

best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Let's not forget that "Fixed price for 18 months" statement which is then qualified as not fixed at all, your honour, due to an asterisked qualifier on annual price hikes applying. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi 

This isn’t the case at all. If you click through you get this. 

IMG_1430.png

I also cannot select anything other than my current package. If I can’t sort this out online without going through the godawful webchat service, who last time also offered me the same package for a higher price, I’ll just contact Sky. 

Can this be looked into please?

Hello Natt39.

Thanks for replying.

As much as we would to help with packages and new contracts on here.

It is beyond our support scope. 

If you are to call the team, It is always a lot quieter in the mornings after 8am.

Plus you can see the current call times if you log into your online account via a web browser.

Gareth_L

Given that what I’m reporting is clearly a database bug and not really anything to do with my contract I would have thought you might know at least where this could be logged on your end. 

I certainly will give the cancellation line a call. 

Thanks 

We will pass on the feedback @Natt39 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs