cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged?

cje85
Trouble shooter

Hi,

After receiving notification of the price rise a few months ago I agreed a new deal of £31.40/month until the end of my current contract, as shown here:

VM3140.jpg

However I have just received this month's bill and the price is showing as £38.40, as the "bundle charge" has increased to £69: Surely this can't be right for 500MB, when Gig1 is only £62 (even after the first 18 months),

VM3840.jpg

Appreciate any advice

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cje85 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your confusion here.

It would appear from your bill, that you will be being charged £38.40 this coming payment cycle. You are correct in stating that the "base" price of the M500 though is £62 per month, which is displayed on your e-bill.

This means that when all of your discounts expire (you can see each of them on your bill screenshot you have provided, as well as the dates they expire), the package will be £62 per month but a month before this is due to happen, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can support further here and provide a new deal for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

cje85
Trouble shooter

Thanks Tom. 

Just to clarify, if the base price for M500 is £62, why is the "bundle charge" listed as £69 in the second screenshot? This results in the higher price of £38.40, rather than the £31.40 agreed to.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this and sorry for the confusion, cje85. 

What you see reflecting there is the default price of the bundle you're on after your current deal has expired 
(meaning when the discounts you see below this have expired on your contract end date). 
If no changes are made till this change takes effect you'll be billed for the next period based on this monthly rate.

As my colleague above has advised, you can get in touch with our team around 30 days before this deal completes and discuss a new contract and price for 18 months.

Let us know if this helps and if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cje85
Trouble shooter

I'm still not quite sure. I understand what you're saying, but it isn't really answering my question. Perhaps i'm not being very clear, but basically what I want to know is, if the normal price for my bundle is £62 why is it showing as £69 as of this month's bill?

Previously my bill has correctly shown £62 as the base price, then applied the discounts, bringing the total to £31.40 which is the offer I agreed to after being notified of the price increase. 

This month, the price of my bundle is showing as £69, therefore when the discounts are added, the total is coming to the higher price of £38.40.

I'd just like to know why the base price has increased from £62 to £69, which has pushed up my monthly total after discounts from £31.40 to £38.40.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply and for explaining more and we're sorry for any confusion with this.

It seems from the above posted that one of your discounts on this plan has expired on 19th of April, this may have caused this price change and from what we can view there are 2 more discounts still active that will expire along with the current contract too (August '23).

Please, let us know if that makes things more clear and if you have more questions for us.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Adri_G wrote:

It seems from the above posted that one of your discounts on this plan has expired on 19th of April, this may have caused this price change 

The April 24th discount is shown as not due to expire until 2024.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @cje85 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill