cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ash1991, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and the problems with your contract, we will do all we can to help. 

I will pop you over a private message to take a few details as we will need to understand what has been happening on your account. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Virggy2019, 

We are very sorry to hear of what has been happening, we appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I would like to take a look at things from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be accessible via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Virggy2019, 

Thank you for joining me on the private chat. 

I am happy we have been able to assist. 

Please get in touch if you require any further help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

I have same issue. Moved house and do not change any service. But I got new contract for 18 months. Please help to sort this out.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi K_Simy, 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your account since moving home. 

Can you please confirm if there have been any discounts/promotional offers taken since moving? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

There is no new offer or discount since moving. It is only the original welcome offer.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply K_Simy.

I would need to take a look at things from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi K_Simy, 

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to clear things up 🙂 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

I need help with this too,

My 18 month contract ran out in June, I've remained on the same package and made no changes and been on a monthly rolling since my minimum term ended. 

I've recently moved and for some reason my account number is different and when I visit myvirginmedia it says I'm in a new contract for another 18 months.

The moving team told me to ignore this and confirmed I'm not in a new contract but I need confirmation and if possible the contract pdf to be corrected when I login to myvirginmedia.

Please help, in late 2020 I was put into an 18th month contract by virgin media without consenting to it and I can't allow it to happen again. 

Hi @Bilsta,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

When you move to a new address, even with the same package, you'll have a different account number so that's completely normal. When you log into your My Virgin Media online account is it displaying your current address, account number, and other information?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!