cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and being placed on to a new contract without contest

JackC96
Tuning in

I recently got in touch to let you know im moving house. However, the email i have recieved with the new account details within the contract that i am to pay £49 a month which is much more than I was paying, they have also extended the contract for another 12 months. THIS IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. Within the chat with the agent I specifically stated that I do not want any of my services changed, just simply changed to my new address. Today I have spent HOURS on hold to different departments and no one has been remotely helpful. I think its absolutely outrageous that virgin can get away with their appalling customer service. Since no one on the phone has any idea about literally anything, I am hoping that it can be resolved via the forums.

155 REPLIES 155

Hi @manny30 👋 Sorry to hear what's happened 😔

We'd suggest speaking to our movers team about this matter. They can be contacted on 0345 454 1111, or 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile.

If you're having any further problems, please pop back to us and we'll see if there's anything else we can do to help.

Regards,
Daniel

No problem @Lshenoi at all. We are glad to see the issue was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

cheuk_vm
Joining in

I am facing the same problem.  My contract has been extended by another 9 months, which I did not agree to. I want to emphasize that during my conversation with the agent, I clearly communicated that I only wanted to transfer my services to my new address without any changes.

Unfortunately, I have spent a substantial amount of time on hold, speaking with various departments, but I haven't received any helpful assistance. I am extremely frustrated by the lack of support I've encountered. It's disheartening to witness such poor customer service from Virgin. Given the confusion and misinformation I've encountered over the phone, I am hopeful that this matter can be effectively addressed through the forum.

mdpolo
Tuning in

Exact same thing happened to me and i’ve been spending hours trying to get something done about it. Shocked at how common this issue is as it’s obviously something going wrong on their end. Has anyone been able to resolve this and how did you go about doing this?

Virggy2019
Joining in

This has happened to a second time to me now.

I recently moved house with virgin media. I kept on insisting to make sure my existing contract with loyalty discounts were applied to the new account. (Last time I moved they were not and it took months to resolve).

However it now seems that I have have once again been placed on a new contract after moving house and loyalty discounts have not been applied.

Can only assume it's purposely done by VM. I now need to have endless phonecalls again to get it fixed. Disgraceful!

Mightymax82
Joining in

Hi I recently moved home and I previously had a contract (which was still active) where I was paying £41 monthly for M500 broadband. I received a new contract after the move showing an amount of £67.00 to pay, after specifically saying to the agent that I wanted to keep the same contract. By reading the other posts, my understanding is that if nothing changes in the package I was supposed to keep the same price. The webchat customer support has not been helpful at all, is there someone here that can assist me? Thank you