Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received FREE LG TV Gift

CoventrySBA
Joining in

Hello 

I joined at the start of January 2023 and chose the Free LG TV hardware offer 

It's been almost 45/50 days since my services were installed and haven't received no confirmation or dispatch email etc

I've contacted CS a few weeks ago to confirm that I was getting the offer they confirmed I was 

Also was told to wait 28 days then a further 14 days 

Which has now been and gone.

Can someone help 

24 REPLIES 24

I haven’t been given any update.

You don’t have any in stock, to me this is missing selling a product/service and don’t have any to give. No update on new stock apart from email sent 15 March (Just to let you know, your free treat for joining Virgin Media will be dispatched tomorrow. It can take up to 72 hours for delivery, so please look out for a message from our courier partner, DHL)

Which hasn’t been sent. Still awaiting information:- when next stock due?
estimate delivery date?

Hi topcathoward, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there has not been an update. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

I have also still not recieved my TV. 

Signed up beginning of January.

Recieved email 12th April to say it will be dispatched in 72hrs and still nothing.

I have wasted enough time chasing this with customer services, WhatsApp chats etc, I will now contact the ombudsman as I feel this contract has been misold.

Hi @Suzannaluckman 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your gift.

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some further details and check on this for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This is also the case for me….I am too busy to waste time chasing it….had the dispatch email two weeks ago and same everyone else here…just waiting. 
How about some honest answers and either send the TV or give us vouchers to purchase one?! Either way just need to honor the deal, simple really. 

I do hope an answer can be provided otherwise I will use my time to seek legal advice. 
Lets hope this can be resolved nice and quickly

Rb

Hey @rjcwhiteh15,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Super sorry you are experiencing this, I can see from the systems you spoke to one of our team recently, were they able to provide further information for you with regards to the delivery window?

Thanks. Joe

Hi Joseph, 

The conversation was not too helpful and was just very non committal to anything. Needless to say the TV has not been delivered still - same as a lot of people it was a 72hr delivery window from the email but not heard a peep from VM/DHL or anyone else on this?!

Have you any actual information on what is happening as it seems like something that’s a common thread?? If you’re low on stock etc just say, manage mine and others expectations better for sure

Thanks

Rob

adrianjacobs
Dialled in

I was also promised a free LG 43" TV if i renewed my 18 month contract (at increased price) at the end of February.  I or my wife have been in contact every week since and we have been promised various delivery periods, calls back by various people including management and no-one has ever called back.  I wrote to the CEO who passed it on (of course) to the minions who tried to help, but couldn't.  I'm at a loss as to how a business can treat customers so badly, and are happy to lie and lie just to get you off the phone.  It's been 8 weeks so i can now take it up with Ofcom.

Thanks for getting back to us @rjcwhiteh15,

I would like to check into this further for you and see how we can chase this up, I will be sending you a private message shortly, if you haven't used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak soon. Joe

Lee50
Tuning in

There is hundreds of people in the same boat virgin have completely scammed everyone it seems Iam still waiting 100 days