cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG TV

Rolfe
Joining in

I signed up yesterday for a broadband package & opted for the free LG TV as opposed to the £250 bill credit. The guy at Virgin assured me the TV would be with me next week as I am moving to a house with no TV. This morning I have received an email to say that the free gift will be delivered in 28 days. Having looked at the posts on this subject I can see that is highly unlikely to happen even in 28 days & I don't want to be without a TV. I cannot get hold of anyone at Virgin & can help & keep being passed to different departments & then either cut off or left on hold for nearly an hour. WhatsApp messaging service is saying it is busy. I cannot access my online account as it says 72 hours must pass from signing up to broadband. I need to change the TV to the £250 bill credit & will simply buy a TV. Any suggestions as to how I can get through to anyone that can help. 

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately sales people tell you what you want to hear, not the truth. The prime contact is customers services, but trying to get them to understand what you want to do will be an uphill job. Best wait for a VM staff member to get to your post in a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Rolfe 

I suggest speaking to the sales team. Their number is 0800 064 3850.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rolfe 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the advice that was given to you on your free gift. The process is that you will receive your TV 28 days after Installation of your services. It will be distributed to you via our partners Exertis. I can understand from previous posts you have seen on here regarding gifts prior, the situation between the customer and the agent during a private message may not be the same as yourself. Our agents will share with you the information that is available on the website regarding Gifts 👈.

With wanting to change the gift to credit, i am afraid this cannot be done once the package has been processed.

Sabrina

My issue was finally resolved yesterday by using the WhatsApp service. Although, it did take 3 hours of back & forth. As you say Sabrina each case is different & in my case the TV was switched for the credit. Therefore, you cannot say that once the package had been processed that there can be no change, especially as it was a team member that gave me false information in the first place to secure my business. The person who assisted me yesterday completely understood my issue & had no problem with amending my order.

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. Glad to hear that you have got this resolved. Our policy is that where an order has been placed with a gift or credit, we cannot change this, should this of been done it was at the agents discretion. 

LMG2019
Joining in

Looks like this is still an ongoing issue as I am still waiting for my TV to arrive after signing up on 12th March. Numerous phone calls to CS and passed from one department to another!

Thanks for the reply @LMG2019 on here. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear that no progression has been made with the customer services team since. 😢
May I ask what the last agent advised when you spoke with them?

Let us know, and we can move forward from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

LMG2019
Joining in

I was told it was ordered on 15th March, it  never arrived. Then again on 26th March it was ordered and again never arrived and now I cant get to speak to anyone about it. After 3 x 2 hour phone calls to VM I was just passed from department to department so I hung up on them and raised a complaint last week.  

Hello LMG2019.

Thanks for your explanation.

We normally need to direct customers to Exertis to chase up missing gifts.

Can we ask if you have the arrangement for the free gift on your welcome letter/agreement?

We can take a look from here as a one off if you like? however it will only be the same information that has been advised from you contacting our team.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security, and we will take it from there.
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L