cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my cancellation

ykknxput
Tuning in

I cancelled with VM and then changed my mind less than an hour later.  When. I called VM, they said they couldn’t cancel the cancellation.  What sort of customer service is this?  I have been with VM since the blueyonder days, and the customer service these days is an absolute disgrace.  The agent seemed ‘happy’ to agree to my cancellation request and didn’t even try to retain me as a customer of over 20 years.  

12 REPLIES 12

carl_pearce
Community elder

You'll probably get a call in a few days from retentions.

ykknxput
Tuning in

What has happened to VM customer service?

The customer services standards are nothing short of a disgrace.  

When did it get so bad?

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

@ykknxput wrote:

I cancelled with VM and then changed my mind less than an hour later.  When. I called VM, they said they couldn’t cancel the cancellation.  What sort of customer service is this?  I have been with VM since the blueyonder days, and the customer service these days is an absolute disgrace.  The agent seemed ‘happy’ to agree to my cancellation request and didn’t even try to retain me as a customer of over 20 years.  

Hang on, let’s be honest here. You cancelled your VM contract, irrelevant if you have been a customer for 20 years or not, you cancelled yes? so you changed your mind an hour later - tough!

Now what will happen is that your cancellation will be actioned and you will be cut off in 30 days because that's what you asked for and that’s exactly what you have gotten - fine!

You might, or might not get, a call back from VM offering you a deal to stay, accept not or not  - they basically don’t care!

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

VM is not world famous for happily agreeing to cancellations so that in itself was an achievement. You then brought the whole system toppling down upon itself by asking for a retraction. The VM forum team has helped customers out before with this sort of stuff but don't hold your breath.

Out of curiosity why did you change your mind so quickly? 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Being a certain and decisive customer can help https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancelling-my-cancellation/td-p/549...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ykknxput 

It's possible that the systems have placed a temporary block on the account as it generally takes around 48 hours to complete any processes. This would have prevented the the agent stopping the cancellation process.

A member of the forum team should pick this up in a day or two and may be able to help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Darkman
Superfast

Don't worry. As carl pointed out above you'll be getting calls from Retentions soon enough (about a week after your cancel or thereabouts) offering you a better deal to stay with them.

It's sad that VM only seem to value our custom when we cancel, but that's the inescapable truth of how their business is run from the top. Paradoxically the vast majority of the people who interact with customers (who are based in this country) are decent and actually want to offer good service, even thought VM systems often make that hard for them.

Hub 3.0, 350Mb BB; TV 360, Maxit TV, Phone

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI ykknxput, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues when it's come to removing your cancellation. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for you unhelpful comments.  Do you work for VM, as I think your tone has the right mannerisms they are looking for.