cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to put area code for local calls

cuz
Tuning in

For some reason dialling local calls all I have is a message that this number is incorrect, I now have to put the area code in just like a mobile but any other numbers national or mobile are ok

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you @cuz and we are so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues and that they are continuing. 

Please do pop back to the PM with our agent Steven and he will do all he can to help. 

jeffas
Tuning in

This suddenly started happening on my line too. Area code 0118; digital phone line.

If this is VM removing the capability, it would have been polite for them to tell us in advance.

Hey jeffas, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are suffering from this.

Going to the digital line there will be some changes, in the long term better however this could be one of them.

Does it ring through okay when you put this in? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, I'm in the 0151 STD region, and having the same issue, having to dial the full number.

Thanks, John

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JohnOrrett 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue. I've spoken with our Telephony Team, who have advised that there is currently a known issue with local area dialling in some areas.

This has been raised, and is being investigated, but we do not have an estimated fix time as of yet. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing, but for now you will need to dial the full number to make calls.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi

Is the error still present today (28.1.24)? as  still need to dial full dialling code in area 0115. Do you know when this error willl be fixed as this is causing some issues.

Thanks 

As soon as we have an update, we will let you know.

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs