cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not activated

daveeasylife
Settling in

Hi Virgin Media

We have just had fibre optic installed and switched to Virgin Media but our landline is not included (Salesman did not make this clear as all digital assumed it would just a case of plugging in). Phoned help desk o get this resolved but they inform me that Virgin Phone not currently available in my Area (despite having fibre optic) and could not advise me of when it would be available. We need landline for in coming calls so at the moment have no landline and no date when i will have one. This should had been made clear to us by the salesman.

Think my only option appears to be to cancel Virgin Media and go back to Sky as no problem with landline with them. Very disappointed at the moment in Virgin Media 

4 REPLIES 4

Hosay299
Superfast

Please talk with vm as it can be eaiser to do and quciker as can be a few days on here

your contract that u signed up to would have said it on it does it say phone ??
as could it be ur just signed up for broadband 

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @daveeasylife 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear there is confusion regarding whether you can get landline service in your area.  We can however see you recently contacted our team who was able to verify this. Do you need any further help regarding this?

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua

They confirmed not currently available in my area, which i find odd seeming we have Fibre Optic and line is digital. But they could not confirm when it will be available and as we receive calls from people on landline it is important we have the landline up and running.

So what i require is an estimate of when it will be available.

This may be because your service is XGS-PON as seen here In this case, we can confirm we are working on providing landline service in the near future however we can not currently confirm when this will be delivered. We do however apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs