cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Backup Line (EBUL)

Declanworld
Fibre optic

My  EBUL was updated some weeks ago.  I've just received another letter from VM reminding me to make an appointment.  Presumably my update note hasn't reached my VM record.

What to do?

15 REPLIES 15

Let me know if you need anything else.

Have a lovely weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Declanworld
Fibre optic

Just had a call - VM rep referred to the last letter and asked me to make an appointment.  I told her about this conversation and that I believe my phone had already been updated.  She maintained that the SIM needed changed to a new Virgin/O2 one before August, so in my ignorance of never having seen the SIM, I said I'd take the technician's visit, more in the hope that this would finally put the series to bed.

With the phone call over and with the technician due to call on Wednesday morning, I decided to see if if was possible to extract the EBUL to see if it had any branding on it.  I found it had an easily accessible compartment and, on removal, I see that it has O2 branding on it.  So, now, I don't know if this is thee up-to-date one or if there is a further joint VM/O2 SIM to be inserted.

Please let me know before Wednesday.

Kind regards
Declan

Hi Declan,

Thanks for coming back to us. I am terribly sorry about all this confusion and miscommunication regarding your EBUL.

Looking at this end, as far as I'm concerned you do have the correct EBUL model and you do not need another visit. You're welcome to cancel this visit from your My Virgin Media account here

I've popped a note on our end to say I've advised this.

Please do let us know if you have any further trouble from here or need anything else.

Beth

Declanworld
Fibre optic

Thanks Beth but the link reckons I can't cancel on-line.  Should I ring 150 and, if so, which service should I opt for to get through to the right person?

001.jpg

Hi Declan,

Oh I see, thanks for letting me know.

I've popped you over a private message so I can cancel the appointment for you. 😊

Beth

Message sent - thanks Beth.