cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail OX Version - useless!

Hendo90
Joining in

I'm really struggling with  New Webmail OX Version.

Not only is it difficult to navigate, it doesn't allow me to add attachments to my emails, and I cannot search either.

I have deleted my cookies, and still the same issue.

How can I do these things please? Or even better - how can I just keep using the virgin media webmail version INSTEAD of this naff OX.

Praying someone can help me as its so frustrating! (Using on MacBook laptop - not phone)

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why don’t you just use Apple Mail? It’s free and works very well.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks - I was up until a month ago but it stopped working. I think its because I have an oder laptop so cannot get the updates I need anymore. So been using the website for email now instead. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There should be other ways to use your Apple email. I use it on Windows and Android..

There's no guarantee that VM email will run indefinitely, and if you ever change broadband provider you will lose it anyway. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hendo90 wrote:

I'm really struggling with  New Webmail OX Version.

Not only is it difficult to navigate, it doesn't allow me to add attachments to my emails, and I cannot search either.

I have deleted my cookies, and still the same issue.

How can I do these things please? Or even better - how can I just keep using the virgin media webmail version INSTEAD of this naff OX.

Praying someone can help me as its so frustrating! (Using on MacBook laptop - not phone)

Virgin Media Mail (webmail) is not loading correctly; you should see Virgin Media's livery and not the underlying Open Xchange (OX). Does the problem persist if you use your browser's Private browsing window; you should see the following:
2024-05-24.jpeg
NB: select highlighted clip icon to attach files

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hendo90
Joining in

can anyone help - so far these answers haven't 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How out of date is your old Macbook.  What iOS is it running?  You have already said you can't run Apple mail as it's too old and out of date.  Perhaps you need an upgrade to allow for a better browser and/or email client?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hendo90 wrote:

can anyone help - so far these answers haven't 

As has been said earlier. you should not be seeing the OX branded service.

It is not a new version of Webmail.

The OX app suite is the underlying system that Virgin Media has used for many years to deliver their webmail service.

When you access VM webmail you are actually going via the OX app suite but you are normally redirected to the Virgin Media branded screens.

In the past, seeing an OX screen instead of the VM ones was often put down to a corrupt VM cookie stored in your browser and deleting any cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail from your browser often resolved the problem.

Alternatively you could try signing into webmail from an Incognito or Private tab / window when you use VM email, (When in Incognito or Private modes  the browser does not use any stored cookies but downloads fresh copies of any that you need.)

If the problem does not arise in an Incognito tab that's a good pointer that the problem is due to a corrupt cookie in your browser.

Or you could try using a different browser. Again if you can access the VM webmail without seeing the OX app screens that points to the problem being a corrupt cookie in your first choice browser.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks