cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forbidden emails... AGAIN!!!

Peter-55
Joining in

I have this problem and have taken advice from another forum chat which suggests changing the password. This solution seems to be endorsed.  However, after I click on "generate new password" I get asked for an alternative non-virgin email address.  I have one but this is the one used for the main account rather than the one for which I am trying to access mail (an ntlworld account).  I am worried that if I enter this address, the system will get really confused about who is logging in.  I really need advice as to how to proceed.  Indeed, I am confused. 

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Peter-55,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with email service and account. It's correct that a third party email address is required for login purposes, and there are other thread on the forums confirming such (see here, here and here).

You can also find details on how to manage an email account here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have now set up a non-virgin email address so as to enter into the system.  However, still going around in circles.  New email seems to have been acknowledged, but using the link to "verify email address" does not take me to a useful way forward.  In particular, the portal says "email not yet verified".  Huh ?  I am starting to lose track of what details I am supposed to now sign in with and which ones have been overwritten.virgin1.jpg

Virgin2.png

Virgin3.png

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you have an alternative email address, why not use it instead of the VM one? You'll avoid this problem, and all the others than come with VM email. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

In this case, to best look into this for you, we are sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs