cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need access to old email account on ntlworld.com

Dessimat0r
Tuning in

Hi, at some point my virginmedia.com e-mail account (that had e-mails from redirected ntlworld.com through domain aliasing or something) was removed. This was present on VM, but as I say was removed for some reason at some point without my knowledge. I need access to this as there's an Activision game account on there that I need to get an e-mail to so I can switch the account over to another e-mail address (Gmail). Theres a lot of hours put into this, so I'd prefer not to have to set up a new account. Both the bit before @ on both e-mails aligns to my VM username.

I went through the e-mail account recovery procedure but was missing the items in step 2. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

Cheers, Chris

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dessimat0r

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your email account. Can I first check whether your email account is attached to an active broadband subscription with us? All email accounts not attached to an active subscription will be deleted after 90 days after disconnection of services. 

What happens when you try to sign into this email account?

Beth

Hi, sorry for the late response, I was checking for replies on my gmail address and didn't see any, so assumed there had been none here. yes, I have an active account with Virgin and have an active broadband account, I'm using it right now. I haven't left virgin for 90 days as far as I know, although if I recall there was a period several years back where I might have left for a couple of months but resubscribed. When I try to sign into the e-mail account it gives me the process for reactivating, but I've been through that and it doesn't work.

Cheers, Chris

I see the following but have been through this process:

"

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution."

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Log into your MyVirginmedia broadband account and check if the email account is listed there. It's possible that it was not carried over to the new account after that break. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Dessimat0r
Tuning in

It isn't listed anywhere on https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index.html

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

In that case it may have been deleted. You need to have a VM person take this up and check for you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Dessimat0r
Tuning in

I was waiting for Beth_G to respond who responded to original message (as they are a VM employee), but hasn't got around to it yet seemingly

Hi Dessimat0r 👋 

Thanks for your patience whilst my colleague Beth gets back in touch Via PM. You are welcome to pop her another reply via PM if needed!

The community is not an instant response service, and so whilst we always attempt to reply as quickly as possible, response times can vary depending on staff working hours and availability.

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly