cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else noticed that nobody has a positive thing to say about Virgin Media.

Ga12ga
Joining in

There is a reason why nobody has posted any positive comments about Virgin Media. Everyone can't be wrong. Wifi constantly dropping off. Promises of phone calls to fix a problem that doesn't happen. A rubbish company offering a rubbish service.

30 REPLIES 30

Cardiffman282
Super solver

If you think this forum is grim just try the entry for Virgin Media O2 on Glassdoor and see how the staff* feel about the state of things at VM.

*excluding offshore 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

One thing is clear, Virginmedia management must be fully aware of the customer service problems and have decided they are comfortable with them.  They only have to read the comments on here or on Trustpilot

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/store.virginmedia.com

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Very good reply. I've recently joined this community just to see if I'm not the only dissatisfied customer. 

It appears that far from being alone, I'm certainly a member of the majority. So in just a few minutes I have already 'drawn my own conclusions'.

Waiting for a suggested resolution to my third complaint at the moment, though have already drafted my post, which may or may not be posted in a couple of days, depending upon whether things are finally understood correctly and dealt with.

I guess that if VM are just going to talk the talk, then shortly we may all have to do the walking for them !!

Good luck all.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Here is one positive thing about VM that no talks about downstream latency and jitter even if you can't get the full speed is good....but that one half of the story...

---------------------------------------------------------------

antonypg
On our wavelength

Just to put a different spin on Virgin Media.

I love the service. I would recommend it to anyone. I have 1GB broadband that runs at full speed 24 hours a day every day of the year. Much better than I have ever had from BT or Sky. I am upgrading all of my Ethernet switches to 2.5GB to make the most of the speed.

The TV boxes I have (360) are superb, much better than my old Sky boxes, which always seem to fail. I love the remotes, the interface, and the range of apps available.

The WI-FI pods are great, enabling me to have fast WI-FI in every room in the house.

Over the many years of having Virgin Media I have probably had a few hours of downtime, I cannot actually remember the last time we had a fault.

The last few times I wanted support (to reduce the price back to the original discounted price) I spent around an hour on the online chat, a bit boring and slow but that is fine with me as long as I get the result I wanted. I am used to the fact that you can no longer talk to any company easily.

IrinaOxley
Tuning in

I’d like to add that I had a good service from Virgin before my mobile account was moved to O2 in August. Since then I spent two full working days to resolve two problems that could be resolved within two hours. Tonight call ended up in the member of staff shouting at me because they tried to say that the problem is with my devices and not their accounts. After that they admitted a technical issue which would require 3-5 days to resolve. I would say that 3-5 days for resetting an account is much too long. I still got some questions, but I am seriously thinking that this “support” gets too expensive in terms of time and money. More worrying that the support staff seems has very little idea what they are doing and not looking to resolve a problem, but to pass it to someone else. Unfortunately, the technical decline will follow the havoc in the support. 

Client62
Legend

Happy to post a very positive review of the RFoG intenet connection in West Bergholt.

What is far more of a concern is the telephone sales / support team.

asim18
Fibre optic

To the people saying that customers only leave comments when they're dissappointed.....

In my opinion, it doesn't work like that. If it did work like that then no company would ever have close to 5 star ratiing on trustpilot.

When people recieve ecceptional service, they rate 5 stars. When it just works they say nothing. When they get robbed and conned they rate 1 star.

If you look at VM on trustpilot, it's at 1.8 stars average, with over 50,000 ONE star reviews.

If you look at Community Fibre it's at 4.9 stars average, with almost 32,000 FIVE star reviews.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There's no doubt that VM is poor at complaints handling, but you cannot compare with CF. VM's network covers about 55% of the UK's premises (and some of it goes back 30 years or more) whilst CF's network covers about 3.34% and is new. VM's also much better at providing TV channels and apps, and in collaboration with O2 can offer some good deals.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes Roger, VM has a much larger network. But that does not excuse the appalling customer 'service'.

Any business selling to the public should provide customer service in proportion to its size. VM fails to do that, in fact they seem to have a policy of making it very difficult for any customer to make meaningful contact.

If VM has 10 times as many customers, they need 10 times as many support staff. Staff who are trained and resourced to resolve customers' problems, rather to brush them off without resolution. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.